bait

anthonyjb

I use loads of it in the spring/summer but beware, bream love the stuff.

Its long been associated with attracting more commons than mirrors as well though I`ve never found this.

Thanks Serven Wolf, how do i use it is it ok in pvabags.

ths Anthony

All the time in my groundbait and sometimes soak my boilies in it,make sure you pre-drill them first

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest Josh Iddon

I use it quite alot, Mainy for dipping baits in, If you add abit of hot water and give a little time it becomes a runny liquid to add to groundbait

If you are going to buy some dont get it from your tackle shop as it is a rip off.

Find your nearest bulk animal feed supplier.

My local one nr Ipswich sells molasses as follows :

500ml : GB1.71

4 litres : GB4.50

:thumbs:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Anthony, Molasses will melt a pva bag. I used it in the groundbait that was plugging the spod and also coated particles with it, again for spodding.

Rudd, spot on mate. I buy mine from an equine retailers (or an `oss shop to any black country lads!) just up the road, I think a 5 litre bottle was about a fiver.

Been meaning to try it out on the barbel as well

wolf.gif

I use loads of it in the spring/summer but beware, bream love the stuff.

Its long been associated with attracting more commons than mirrors as well though I`ve never found this.

Hi there people the bream do love the stuff i got plauged by bream on my local canal (rochdale)i had 54lb of them all between 3 lb - 5lb when i was fishing for carp

Edited by marmiteboy

I like mosasses and prefer blackstrap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses

Hard to find where I live now but when possible, I like it made from sorghum cane rather than sugar cane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_sorghum

I have noticed that on occasion an angler will speak of using molasses when in reality he is using treacle.

Can someone say which sort of molasses you mean when you speak of using it to flavor bait?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Anyone used molasses liquid

never leave home without it! :D

i buy a big 5 ltr bottle of the stuff from a local farm shop for a few quid... perrrrrrfect

oh and i also buy a sack of decent goat feed from the farm shop too. it's got all the ingredients u'd pay big bucks for in a tackle shop.. good for bulking out your mix.

Edited by Blue Marlin