float rod

viney

In the market for a longer float rod but it must have some backbone as it will primarily be used to trot for barbel and chub but still needs to have a nice action for dace and roach.

Not got a massive budget and ideally want something 13' or longer.

The okuma carbonite and Shakespeare mach3 xt have caught my eye, has anyone used either?

Cheers, Matt

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Not a fan of the reel seats tbh, I would be worried about them moving or the reel falling out, I really like the jw young specimin but has the same seats

Scratch that it would appear the jw youngs have now changed to Fuji screw seats

Edited by viney

Matt think the thought of it is worse than the actual reality of it happening....you need a Normark mate sell a kidney

fwiw a mate who`s boat I fish in at the bottom end of the river has a Shakey mach 3 and he rates it

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Matt think the thought of it is worse than the actual reality of it happening....you need a Normark mate sell a kidney

fwiw a mate who`s boat I fish in at the bottom end of the river has a Shakey mach 3 and he rates it

Might not be the case with the river season upon us, but the Normark 1000's often go on ebay for around £100. IMO great value rods at that price.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

viney, on 04 Jun 2014 - 18:50, said:

In the market for a longer float rod but it must have some backbone as it will primarily be used to trot for barbel and chub but still needs to have a nice action for dace and roach.

Not got a massive budget and ideally want something 13' or longer.

The okuma carbonite and Shakespeare mach3 xt have caught my eye, has anyone used either?

Cheers, Matt

take a shufty through Dragon Craps new sale..theres a few nice rods in there going cheap.

their 12' Avanti multi section is a nice rod...bit short for you though possibly? £30

Steve one of my first rods had seats like it, it happened a few times with that so I think I have a complex about it now haha!

After a glass or two of red last night I bit the bullet and bought a JW youngs specimen rod that should be here tomorrow, quite a bargain at £45 with free next day p&p :)

Just got this feeling now that I should buy a new 'pin to complement it..... Need the 16th to hurry up so I can stop spending money!

Might not be the case with the river season upon us, but the Normark 1000's often go on ebay for around £100. IMO great value rods at that price.

Yeah, your right Brian, the 1000 series often go for the price of a cheap'o rod on the shelves ! People just don't know how good they are.

Not a fan of the reel seats tbh, I would be worried about them moving or the reel falling out, I really like the jw young specimin but has the same seats

Scratch that it would appear the jw youngs have now changed to Fuji screw seats

I have the Drennan Tench Float the older version MK 2 I think, it has had a Fugi seat fitted, won't cost much to fit,,the Drennan Tench is an excellent trotting rod for Barbel/ Chub.Have a look at the Daiwa Proteus range, they do a stepped up float rod, these blanks are brilliant, and c.£70 good value.