Oldest tackle still in use...

KennyC

Im only 28 so my tackle is still pretty new...

performance is of course top notch, but recent reliability issues, seem to be linked to alcohol consumption and are being monitored closely

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevie cop

My Abu 7000's are 1973 ans 1978 models and they are still as good as new! (As a matter of fact, I rate them in front of the newer models.) They are my regular boat reels and are used and abused. A strip down, clean and a drop of oil once a year and they just keep on going.

My Shakespeare ugly stik 15lb class boat rod was bought in 1979 and is still used every trip. It's got new fuji rings on it now, but the old wooden handle and screw winch fitting are original. I haven't found another rod that can touch it.

KennyC:

I do still have a few solid glass Milbro boat  rods they ain't worth the bother.

Milbro! That takes me back to the early seventies, my first sea rods were Milbro, bought with pocket money from Woolies I think. Last seen being used as plant stakes

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Hiya, I've still got an old Milbro rod, a pier one, the new Fujis on it are worth more than the rod, also got a Milbro Ghillie Salmon spinning rod that I have abused for years now, last used it getting decent Pollock on Ians boat in Luce Bay,last summer, and it did a great job, managed to get another one at a car booty.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/