Which Boilies ?

Polly

Think I'll be taking Mainline Pro-Activ Pineapple 15mm to France @ end of Feb. Good reputation and the blurb on lakes website says they were top boilie in 2005. Has anyone had success on these, are they as good as I hear??? Stories and pictures would be good.

Do Mainline do a Bloodworm boilie?? or has anyone any suggestions for a sure-fire bait to bank a few "Hermans"??? Website blurb just says any good quality boilie will catch as long as surrounded by a few freebies but they're bound to say that to promote their lake are they not.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Polly, whatever flavour you decide on or are recommended, I think you will be looking @ bream and smaller carp problems using tiny boilies(15mm). B)

a friends uncle and his team of a dozen or so mates go to france 3 or 4 times a year and have been for years now, proper veterans and i'm always asking gav (my friend) to pick his uncles brains over such matters.. btw his uncle also held the welsh pike record for a number of years too, the man IS a fish..

he said although they often take numerous baits & boilies out there by day 2 or 3 they usually end up with bait either supplied by the lakes themselves (he phones first and pre-orders to get discount as they'll try sting u otherwise if it's on the spot) or they tap up nearby tackle/bait suppliers.. it makes sense really think about it the fish just home in on what they consider natural food and if the lakes are chucking this stuff in day after day then the carp are naturally drawn to it..

take your pro-activ pinnaple tho and give em a whirl, it's never stopped gav's uncle from trying everytime :D

good luck, hope u catch ol hermy! :thumbs:

Hi there,

The only point i can make is that i have been informed that Crayfish can be a real problem in France with most types of boilies.

The answer is sometimes to use boilies that are flavoured with rosehip.you should be able to get more info on the net.

Good luck.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I am going to France in April and will certainly be taking some of my favourite bait with me(Monster Crab).

The smallest I will be rolling is 20mm and possibly "snowmanning" these to avoid the smaller fish. But i will be getting what the lake owners supply as these will almost certainly be the bait that's working. After all they want you to catch fish so you will recommend the place and possibly rebook yourself.

All the best. :thumbs:

Decided on 4kgs each of 18mm Pro-activ Pineapple & Fusion, fingers crossed :fish:

In 99% of French waters you'll be fishing for the same sort of fish as the UK so why switch tactics just because you're abroard ? It's taken me a long time to realise that (and more than a few French sessions) but I have always done best over there copying what works for me in the UK. 30mm baits will work there (as they will here) ditto snowmanning them. The only time you want (have) to do something different is when you have poisson chat or crayfish. Both force a change of approach to ensure your bait survives the night intact. So I would suggest that you do what you know works for you here and experiment if you need to there.

Rob.

In 99% of French waters you'll be fishing for the same sort of fish as the UK so why switch tactics just because you're abroard ? It's taken me a long time to realise that (and more than a few French sessions) but I have always done best over there copying what works for me in the UK. 30mm baits will work there (as they will here) ditto snowmanning them. The only time you want (have) to do something different is when you have poisson chat or crayfish. Both force a change of approach to ensure your bait survives the night intact. So I would suggest that you do what you know works for you here and experiment if you need to there.

Rob.

:thumbs: Good advice as usual Rob. It's only a 6 acre lake and stuffed with fish so should be in for some big time Herman haulin' :yeah: