Cod?

Starvinmarvin

Has anyone had any sizeable catches recently, or maybe even a Cod, from most of the reports we seem to be catching a lot of small fish, I'm not sure why I'm saying we, as I have only been out once this year, hopefully that will change this weekend and I can start getting out there again.

Think that the forecast for Sunday is looking good. Anyone else going out?

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hopefully ging down to Cornwall to finsih putting the engine etc in BULLET. Then water test and drag home on Weds ready for going back into Horse Pit Hall on the Thursday.

Oh to get back to normality (normality for me anyway!)

Good luck, them thats going out.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hopefully a couple of us are going to try fishing amongst the legs of a huge 1 mile long disused gas pipeline jetty. The end of which is in about 25 metres. We need to first of all rig up ropes to moor to as anchoring is not possible.Should be interesting.Might get some cod around the legs with luck.

For me I think lack of size is due to not enough yak fishing sessions being put in plus I'm exploring new marks which may take a few seasons to crack (I think ultimately thats what keeps me interested).

I didn't realise that there would be quite so many days this time of year unsuitable for yak fishing. Tomorrows trip out with Zzippy has been cancelled due to windy weather (it's also an easterly wind which is forecast!). The wind has been quite variable down here; it may turn out that tomorrow the sea is flattened off :schmoll:. At present, I know that when conditions are right I'm in with a chance of cod, conger and whiting in the Christchurch Ledge area and as Darnsarf and Richi have shown, huss and pollack to reasonable size can be taken at Kimmeridge (and most rocky inshore Purbeck marks I'd bet).

If the wind calms down I hope to be out on the water again early next week.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I hate this weather :wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I was hoping to wet my Scooter today for the first time in months just to get out and excercise a bit and paddle to get ready for the warmer months but although the weather was mild with no wind or rain it was still bitterly cold and too risky to go out alone IMO. The seas just dropped off after a recent "lump on" and sitting playing on the XBOX 360 took presidence :D

Not many decent Cod to report at all in the NE of England :(

Andy

KFUK