Fish theft, again.

Peter Waller

I must just state that no one person has been the reason for me deleting my own posts, more of a collective effort I think! thank you for your kind comments,bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, have you tried netting at Potter over the weekend?

I am concerned about the scale issue. Would netting produce scales in any quantity?

No, I was not offended. Been an interesting thread and good to see a man stand by his sincere convictions.

Bob, can you let Keith know that Potter Heigham is not pronounced as its wriiten. There are no 't's in Potter and Heigham is Ham.

I haven't noticed it previously on this thread, but since when has ignorance of the law been an acceptable defence in this country?

Nobody can reasonably plead a defence of not knowing that what they were doing was wrong, whether it be fish theft or any other malfeasance. Otherwise we'd have no legal system.

I know it's a cliche, but 'When in Rome....' and all that.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Bob I remember the days when many match anglers (I also fish matchs incidently) would routinely kill all pike they came across.Pike and pike anglers were universally blamed for any problems the match guys had in filling their nets.Im glad to say that in general those times have gone and most anglers/clubs are starting to understand the prey/predator balance. However I saw many good waters destroyed in the name of match fishing due to the misinformed crusade against predators.So when ever it does raise its ugly head Im quick to jump on it,hence forth my comments about you being a dinosour! There are things wrong in pike angling and there are some pike anglers that I wouldnt want to be assosiated with but isnt this true of all branches of our sport? Most of us are just as concerned about the well being of all fish not just pike.I class my self as an all rounder so the well being of say the roach stocks on the Broads is of just as much interest to me as the pike on my local river.

Despite thinking that you are looking in the wrong areas for the answer to your problem(which you undoubtedly think there is) I can only respect the fact that you obviously care (a rare thing in todays apathetic climate) and are trying to find answers.Never apologise for that Bob.

Hope you do eventually find your answers and get the piece of mind they will hope fully bring.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!