Looks like I'm wrapping in work this summer

Snatcher

Our company is up for sale and we have been informed by our MD that there are 26 companies interested in buying us. Am still hoping for a redundancy package but will have to jump ship and take an early pension before any new company takes over.

I am 56 this year and will take an 8% reduction in my final salary pension. If I hang on too long and we get bought by another company will be classed as a deferred member and take a 22% reduction in my pension if I decide to leave then :blink:

Will wedge in a marlin fishing holiday first that is for sure :D The plan is to spend most of the summer over in my caravan on the Mull of Galloway and then maybe get a job in the winter if I feel the need. Have heard that they are crying out for lab analysts on short term contracts :clap2: I am sure I will pick something up .

Will keep you informed of any developments :D:D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oi oi

good luck snacher i remember your company had been taken over a few times all ready

so if you have a chance get your bit enjoy it, worry about work later like you said with your work you wont be long.

suit yourself hope everything work's out for you.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Good to hear that you have got what you've been wishing for John, albeit with a slightly reduced pension. No doubt when you've paid the bills you'll still have a few beer vouchers left.

I envy you the whole summer fishing Luce Bay, you should be on first name terms with all the bass in the bay by september, so get out and find a few new marks that hold fish and don't forget to tellyour mates where they are.

Only sixty three pay days left for me and I'll be joining you up there

tight lines

Cheers lads,grafted nearly 40 years with only one 6 month period out of work. Time I rode off into the sunset :yeah::yeah:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Guest franticfisherman2

Bluddy Ell - not more leaving presents to buy. :cry:

This is costing me a fortune. I suppose you're going to want a :boat:

Our company is up for sale and we have been informed by our MD that there are 26 companies interested in buying us. Am still hoping for a redundancy package but will have to jump ship and take an early pension before any new company takes over.

I think you are wise John.

Norma runs short university courses in analytical chemistry, designed to update working analysts. Several companies send staff for retraining/updating.

So she is aware of what is happening in the industry - which is a pattern of multinationals buying up smaller companies and then "rationalising" ie running a single large lab (usually on the continent) instead of having a lab in each of five or six countries.

Get out while the going is good and get after those bass! :thumbs:

Norma took early retirement from the university, but then they found they had no-one to run these courses, so now she gets paid as a consultant as well as drawing the pension! :thumbs:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Bluddy Ell - not more leaving presents to buy. :cry:

This is costing me a fortune. I suppose you're going to want a :boat:

A boat,go on then Phil if you must :clap2::clap2: Tell you what could not sleep last night as had that much to think about and could not switch off. As a consequence got up at 04.30 and finished off some lures for Tony U's Cuban holiday.

Dave thanks for your input mate. :D Where would you suggest the best place in the world to try for a marlin,with a backup of decent mixed fishing for other species? Intend to do it this summer :yeah:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

John

If you can get your early retirement in May you can come to Cuba with us.

We can try those flies out together, on the other hand we could just s*d the fishing and get some serious drinking in the Hotels all inclusive after all.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Ferret1959

Snatch.

I was forced into 'retirement' due to bad health, I do my best to keep 'working' now.

You soon run out of things to do, well I do. :(

Good luck if you get the early pay deal matey. :)

John

If you can get your early retirement in May you can come to Cuba with us.

We can try those flies out together, on the other hand we could just s*d the fishing and get some serious drinking in the Hotels all inclusive after all.

Tony

Very tempting Tony,younever know

:D Just posted your "beasties" this morning

Thanks for the good wishes as well Dave :) Will never get bored I assure you,got loads of stuff I want to do. Fishing to the max,lure tying,metal detecting,shooting,walking,darts,drinking :D Cannot wait

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair