Any Car Lovers Here

Elton

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad but true <_ secret is only to meet the cossies on motorway src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_yeah.gif" alt=":yeah:">:yeah:

Would love to see some pics some time, Stan. I love virtually all sorts of motorsport.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Would love to see some pics some time, Stan. I love virtually all sorts of motorsport.

Will do that in the not too distant future. At the moment no bumpers, (fenders for Newt) light clusters or glass and masking tape everywhere ready for a paint job :)

At the moment no bumpers, (fenders for Newt)

Thanks Stan.

Errr - if you refer to the fenders as bumpers, what do you call the bumpers (shiny thingys bolted to the front and rear that make first contact if you run into a solid object)

Add on note - wife & self got into small discussion since she and I didn't quite agree about what to call which. Here are the terms I use.

1. Right front fender

2. Right rear fender

3. Front bumper.

fender.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It's definitely odd how production cars have become so quick.

Don't know what you drive these days, Steve, but the power to weight ratio on a lot of new cars is frightening. My wife has a turbocharged 6-speed Seat Leon Cupra, which is bog standard and about 180bhp. For a car she bought to run her to work, it's frighteningly fast.

Civic Type-R, so similar performance to the Seat, new Focus ST, Golf GTi, etc. Like you say, 166bhp/ton (against 174 for the Cossie) 146mph (144) and 62 in 6.8s (6.6). All for 16k. Wasn't the cossie about 20k back then?

I picked some neighbours up from a do they went to once and drove it back 'normally', just putting my foot down on one straight, really. As the car was so quick and the suspension so stiff, they were a bit taken aback. My mate had even opened a can of drink and never got a sip :)

He then said to me, "Is you Evo as quick as this?" The Evo pushes around 320bhp :D

Yep, they feel even quicker from the passenger seat :) Quite fancy an Evo, but the running costs look terrifying.

Thanks Stan.

Errr - if you refer to the fenders as bumpers, what do you call the bumpers (shiny thingys bolted to the front and rear that make first contact if you run into a solid object)

Add on note - wife & self got into small discussion since she and I didn't quite agree about what to call which. Here are the terms I use.

1. Right front fender

2. Right rear fender

3. Front bumper.

fender.jpg

Got me totall confused now Newt. I thought in Bushland you called the bits that make first contact fenders

the bit you are calling fron and rear fenders I`d call mudguards and the bit your calling bumber I`d call bull bar bit its in the position a bumber would be :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: Think I`ll go to bed :headhurt:

Why my bumper turning out as bumber///

Got me totall confused now Newt. I thought in Bushland you called the bits that make first contact fenders

the bit you are calling fron and rear fenders I`d call mudguards and the bit your calling bumber I`d call bull bar bit its in the position a bumber would be :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: Think I`ll go to bed :headhurt:

Why my bumper turning out as bumber///

Stan, just remember that Newt doesn't do anything up easy or small. The ATV he showed as an example hardly applies to most vehicles. He and I can't even agree what the bumper vs the fender is our trucks. He's from Arkansas and he's from the South - need I say more? :uhuh:

Stan, just remember that Newt doesn't do anything up easy or small. The ATV he showed as an example hardly applies to most vehicles. He and I can't even agree what the bumper vs the fender is our trucks. He's from Arkansas and he's from the South - need I say more? :uhuh:

aint that where the illustrious and exceedingly intelligent Mr Gore comes from :)

aint that where the illustrious and exceedingly intelligent Mr Gore comes from :)

Clinton is from Arkansas but I think the State disowned him long ago :yeah: Gore was actually born in Washington, D.C. (as was Newt)