UNWANTED GEAR

BURTON

hiya people just thinking of all the old fishing gear anglers dont want anymore and throw away, this is a plea to all anglers out there if they could find it in there hearts to send me it no matter wot condition.

i am trying to get as much gear togeather so i can take loads of people (kids) with me fishing and get them into it, if anyone could do this please let us know thanks alot BURTON :clap2:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya people just thinking of all the old fishing gear anglers dont want anymore and throw away, this is a plea to all anglers out there if they could find it in there hearts to send me it no matter wot condition.

i am trying to get as much gear togeather so i can take loads of people (kids) with me fishing and get them into it, if anyone could do this please let us know thanks alot BURTON :clap2:

laudable sentiments burton, but if you're doing something like that, you need to be properly set up, particularly if you're going to be dealing with children.

maybe if you told us a bit more about yourself, someone on here may be able to tell you the best way to go about doing what you want to do

Burton

Just in case you have'nt already done so, you should have a CRB check done on yourself if you are working with kids (or vunerable adults) .

The Criminal Records Bureau have a helpline no. 0870 90 90 844

By law anyone who now works with children have to have a check and insurance companies insist on one before they issue certificates, their web site is http;www.crb.gov.uk , worth having a look at. If you've already got the process underway or have your certificate then apologies for teaching granny how to suck eggs

Bear in mind that the level of CRB check required for working with youngsters will bring up any spent convictions and they do not tell you this (or at least they didn't used to) on the form you have to fill out.

And another thing, and PLEASE don't take offence, we don't know you! The sentiment is great but I think, before we send any surplus gear in, that we need to know a few ins and outs about you and the scheme.

And another thing, and PLEASE don't take offence, we don't know you! The sentiment is great but I think, before we send any surplus gear in, that we need to know a few ins and outs about you and the scheme.

Also most of us here all ready give any spare gear we have to Les Webbers Angling Projects.This along with Junior Coarse Angling UK are run entirely out of his own pocket. Both being great flag ships for angling.Hes been doing it a long time now and see no reason for any other similar projects.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

dont think we need to ask about the CRB! frankly id find it

very insulting if sombody asked me that!

thats between him and the kids parents!

ive a stake of old rods and reels that just clutter up the place

and id be happy to get shot!

what we need to know is that your not just a chancer mate!

why dont i just put the stuff in a charity shop?

prove to me your legite mate :thumbs:

your welcome aslong as you pay the p&p :thumbs:

3 cheapy quiver tip rods (diawa,king fisher,)

3 small fs reels(no names)

one 50lb boat rod

staks of line and bits and bobs, hooks floats etc!

some old bags and seats!

show me ya honest and they ar gana get used by some skint kid

and not just going to go on ebay!?????

Also most of us here all ready give any spare gear we have to Les Webbers Angling Projects.This along with Junior Coarse Angling UK are run entirely out of his own pocket. Both being great flag ships for angling.Hes been doing it a long time now and see no reason for any other similar projects.

whys that? he cover the whole of england duz he????????

im all for these small ops getting kids into fishing!

garanteed most average joe kids that would like to get into angling havnt heard of your

mates project!

dont get sniffy give the man a chance to prove him self!

its not a contest :thumbs:

if he is legite then fair play!

if he isnt then better luck next time :rolleyes:

Edited by geffaz

I'm not quite sure what the above post means but if anyone were to work with my kids I'd want to know that they had been through the relevant checks that are required by law. Should anyone refuse to have the checks done , and they have that right, then they are not allowed by law to work with kids, its a very simple black or white issue.

It could also go some way to satisfy peoples curiosity over the end use of donated tackle as anyone going to those lengths of a check would be less likely to steal or Ebay the gear

whys that? he cover the whole of england duz he????????

im all for these small ops getting kids into fishing!

garanteed most average joe kids that would like to get into angling havnt heard of your

mates project!

dont get sniffy give the man a chance to prove him self!

its not a contest :thumbs:

if he is legite then fair play!

if he isnt then better luck next time :rolleyes:

you dont understand this post? or the original?

just asking if he was legit (if he is for real)