Spring Plaice marks. South coast/solent

solent fisher

Hi,

I'm planning on going after the plaice next month, anyone know or can recommend marks in the solent which might be worth drifting? Heard that the 'blocks' of southsea can be good and Ryde sands? I say next month, is this a little early or is April the prime month? :huh:

Cheers,

James

May, June and July are the main months for plaice. Might be some about in April. Can't find any here, all gone.

Edited by maidstonemike

Hi,

I'm planning on going after the plaice next month, anyone know or can recommend marks in the solent which might be worth drifting? Heard that the 'blocks' of southsea can be good and Ryde sands? I say next month, is this a little early or is April the prime month? :huh:

Cheers,

James

Boat or shore ?

Shore wise stand on the beach at hayling look over your shoulder if you can see the ferris wheel its worth a go , there may be better rigs but I find a flowing 3-4' some sequins and some lively rag the best bait

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

May, June and July are the main months for plaice. Might be some about in April. Can't find any here, all gone.

Maybe in Maidstone but the main months for Solent plaice are March to late April. They hang around South of the Island until July if you know where to look.

I used the fish the Southsea Blocks regularly each Spring but don't bother any more, the plaice are too thin on the ground. This season I'm going to try other banks to see what I can find.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Hi Solent Fisher, not really sure about beach marks around the solent, but we're looking forward to March when we'll be trying our luck from the Bournemouth beaches. One of our local marks, Southbourne beach was where the current record fish was caught back in 1989, a cracking plaice of 8lb6oz.

Not sure if your familiar with this website http://www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk/Beach/Beaches.htm , it covers the whole solent area, and is updated quite frequently.

Scotty

Edited by Scotty T

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Hi Guys, thanks for your input.

I heard that the 'Blocks' isn't as good at it used to be. I lot of people still think May to July is Plaice time but its much earlier locally here on the south coast (climate change, global warming?). I thought it didn't start till April but like you, my local tackle shop said March is when you want to go after them although again confirmed they are very thin on the ground. Squidlips said there being caught already?? I'd better get some more beads and spoons ordered from Veals!

Good luck and Solar I'll let you know if I find any banks or patches or ground inshore which produce the goods! I'm studying the charts but just wish my fishfinder had a setting for detecting pea mussel beds then I'll be laughing :yeah:

One of our local marks, Southbourne beach was where the current record fish was caught back in 1989, a cracking plaice of 8lb6oz.

Used to be one of my favourite places to shore fish, at Bedfords beach there used to be a cafe on the prom and it jutted out into the water. In front was a line of rocks with an opening in them looking to sea on the right hand corner. Used to cast just outside the line of rocks through the gap, good bass and plaice with sole after dark. Nice little spot.

The roof is on today so things are looking up, will sort the box out on the weekend ready for a session, might even come south and fish that mark. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Used to be one of my favourite places to shore fish, at Bedfords beach there used to be a cafe on the prom and it jutted out into the water. In front was a line of rocks with an opening in them looking to sea on the right hand corner. Used to cast just outside the line of rocks through the gap, good bass and plaice with sole after dark. Nice little spot.

The roof is on today so things are looking up, will sort the box out on the weekend ready for a session, might even come south and fish that mark. :D:D

Hi Ken, hope your keeping well mate. Cheers for the tip, nice one. I wouldn't waste your petrol at the moment, everywhere is fishing pants.

Maybe give me a shout in March and we'll meet up again. :thumbs:

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Hi Ken, hope your keeping well mate. Cheers for the tip, nice one. I wouldn't waste your petrol at the moment, everywhere is fishing pants.

Maybe give me a shout in March and we'll meet up again.

Scotty

I will do that Scotty, should be something about then.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist