Cold Feet

Neil

How do you guys keep your feet dry?

I have a pair of Yak latex sealed trousers and wear sealskinz socks but the water comes in

over the top of my socks. Wet feet then lead to cold feet. I think I could be doing something wrong

but not sure what. :blink:

Any ideas ?

Neil.

Neil,

wetsuits or just wet feet in the summer. In the colder months dry trousers and wet suit booties. Only way to go to keep your feet warm when the frost is on te ground.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Neil.

Latex seals are a great asset, but if they are a bit too tight they will restict the flow of blood, and there comes your cold feet.

Hope Im not telling you how to suck eggs....but....inside the seals, there may be some rings running around the seal, if you now think they may be a bit on the tight side, cut off one or half of a ring, untill you get a decent fit.

Best thing to do maybe is sit in the arm chair with them on, and see how they feel.

As Simon says, a pair of hard soled Neoprene boots is the way to go, but again, make sure they fit like a second skin, too loose and they will flush water, too tight, they will restrict blood flow.

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Neil

This winter my feet have been toast. Its been my backside where I have felt it. I have been using Skeetex Fleece lined Wellies with dry Cag Trousers over the top. You still get a good seal and stay warm to boot. No pun intended.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi there,

Your right about the seals being tight, I have trimmed them back so I can get them off and on a

bit easier as well.

The problem I have is keeping my feet dry. The water comes over the top of the sock

and into my boots, just wondered if you could get boots that sealed better at the ankle.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I thought about breathable stocking foot chesties with the dry cag sealing them at the waist, at

least that would keep me dry in the boat.

I have scupper bungs in for flat work but it's just getting in and out the Yak when my feet are getting wet.

Neil.

Hi there Neil, I went for a pair of hot socks as used by divers, they are a thin layer that fit close to the skin inside the boot, they work for me and I hate cold feet, cost was around 8 pounds. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

serious temptation to make a joke about 'seals being too tight' but better not!!!

Rog.

Kayaks: OK Tungsten Caper - Orange & White Alaw Bach - Orange Rockhopper - Pyranha Inazone 232.

You could have a look for a pair of neoprene "Flats Boots" - as worn by saltwater fly fishermen. Most come with an adjustable velcro strap on the ankle to keep the water out. Even if you do get water inside, your feet will stay warm.