Looking for an angling coach?

Bob Bradford

Hi Everyone.

Firstly, a big thanks to Bob for promoting my site.

I am fully aware that not every coach in the country is listed. I very much hope threads like this will encourge those who have not signed up yet, to do so.

This site growning daily... so if you know a coach not listed .. Please tell them about the site.

If you have any questions, please PM me....

ALL THINGS PISCATORIAL

Your One Stop Coaching Site

Steve Gray

Webmaster

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that would be interested in becoming coach's there is one vital element missing, the cost of the course. I looked at the NFA site a couple of years ago but the information on there then was best described as very poor. If there is to be an increase in coachs especially in the north then there aught to be more than just the York venue available to anglers to attend.

Not one of the three organisations promoting coarse coaching can give any detailed information on course length or cost, surely a major consideration for anglers prepared to fund accreditation from their own pockets

To all Things Piscatorial

If you include a link to your site in your signature you will promote coaching every time you visit and post on this site

Hello Steve

I went through your site to have a look at whats on offer from the accreditors but was unable to get any information on costs. Its as if they are afraid to publish costs in case one of the other providors undercut by a few quid.

I would be interested in finding out more as I take a number of kids and some adults out and instruct them on basic fishing techniques and some sort of formal recognition may be useful for the future(got my eye on a small water that would be ideal for this)but in order to trigger funds from various bodied I would need formal accreditation but as I would be paying for it I would want to know more about costs and duration before committing myself to anything

I have cut this from the NFA website.. I hope it helps.

'Do you want to become an Angling Coach'?

If you want to put something back into the sport of angling and safeguard it's future - perhaps you ought to consider becoming a qualified 'licensed' angling coach.

The National Federation of Anglers can help you to achieve this important objective, provided that you already posses the required 'technical skills and abilities'

The NFA are scheduled to start Level Two 'Certificate in Coaching Angling' courses in the following three areas: Lincoln, Chester and York.

Subject to demand the NFA can also set up satellite centres in other parts of the country - provided they have eight or more candidates registering for a course.

Applications can be made by completing the attached form (pdf) and returning it to the NFA Central Office marked for the attention of Glyn Williams, Coaching Development Officer.

Anyone requiring further information should contact Glyn direct on 01909 501030 or mobile 07729 412044

ALL THINGS PISCATORIAL

Your One Stop Coaching Site

Steve Gray

Webmaster

So All Things, Im quite interested in knowing wether you would (upon reciept of my £10) advertise my services as a "coach" considering that I dont charge for my services other than asking people/clubs to make a voluntry donation to which ever angling project is relevant, also bearing in mind that despite carrying out between 8 and 12 teach ins most years for various clubs through out the country I am not a PAA registered coach or NFA or any one else for that matter.Also been doing this for longer than either bodies have had an interest in coaching.

I do have a CRO,have attended a Child Protection course and Im a qualified first aider.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Flying Tench ,( John is it?) I am genuinely heartend to see you post that,

Bob, many thanks for the message. I wasn't wildly offended, partly 'cos I never saw what you wrote as it was deleted before I read it! And I couldn't reply on the second thread because (quite reasonably, I guess) it was stopped before I got to it. Particularly after your kind words I'm sure the issue (of whatever you said to me) is now closed - it certainly is with me! All the best.

john clarke

So All Things, Im quite interested in knowing wether you would (upon reciept of my £10) advertise my services as a "coach" considering that I dont charge for my services other than asking people/clubs to make a voluntry donation to which ever angling project is relevant, also bearing in mind that despite carrying out between 8 and 12 teach ins most years for various clubs through out the country I am not a PAA registered coach or NFA or any one else for that matter.Also been doing this for longer than either bodies have had an interest in coaching.

I do have a CRO,have attended a Child Protection course and Im a qualified first aider.

Budgie

Have a look at the comment I made on http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=59465 post no.2 and you will see what I think of the current accreditation cources. It seems to me that the only or at least the main qualification for coaching that some bodies require is the £400 odd that they want to take off you for the course.

I'm only interested in the course as it may open up doors for more funding via the local authorities