wireless bite alarms

willster

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, i aM LOOKING TO BUY SOME WIRELESS BITE ALARMS WITH ADJUSTABLE VOLUME ON THE RECIEVER(SLIGHTLY DEAF), ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE. I USE TWO SOMETIMES THREE RODS. THANKYOU

fox mmxr set is pretty good can set the reciever to vibrate which could be better

I know I keep banging on about them but I'd recommend you look at Good Fishing alarms. They're British-made, highly reliable and way less costly than the well-known makes. Many Forum members now use them and have been very impressed.

I haven't got the wireless models myself but the receiver does have a volume control, plus I see they offer a vibration model that might suit you as it states it's useful for the hard of hearing.

They offer package deals such as:

3 off GFs Bite Alarms. 4 Choices of LED colour RRP £74.70

3 off Bite Alarm Covers RRP £11.70

3 off Illuminated Bobbins in colours of Alarms RRP £18.60

1 off GFt Transmitter Pager RRP £44.90

1 off GFr Receiver Pager RRP £39.90

Supplied as a complete pager system which includes a mounting

kit, hanging kit and 3 off connecting leads.

If items purchased separately total cost would be £189.80.

OUR PRICE FOR THE COMPLETE KIT £132.86 post free.

2 off GFs Bite Alarms with 4 choices of LED colours RRP £49.80

2 off Bite Alarm Covers RRP £7.80

2 off Illuminated Bobbins to match colour of Alarms RRP £12.40

Complete pager kit containing a Mounting Kit, Hanging Kit and

2 connecting leads.

Total Price if purchase separately £154.80

Our Price for the complete Kit £108.36 post free.

Go to http://www.goodfishing.ltd.uk/

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I know I keep banging on about them but I'd recommend you look at Good Fishing alarms. They're British-made, highly reliable and way less costly than the well-known makes. Many Forum members now use them and have been very impressed.

I haven't got the wireless models myself but the receiver does have a volume control, plus I see they offer a vibration model that might suit you as it states it's useful for the hard of hearing.

They offer package deals such as:

3 off GFs Bite Alarms. 4 Choices of LED colour RRP £74.70

3 off Bite Alarm Covers RRP £11.70

3 off Illuminated Bobbins in colours of Alarms RRP £18.60

Supplied as a complete pager system which includes a mounting

kit, hanging kit and 3 off connecting leads.

If items purchased separately total cost would be £189.80.

OUR PRICE FOR THE COMPLETE KIT £132.86 post free.

2 off GFs Bite Alarms with 4 choices of LED colours RRP £49.80

2 off Bite Alarm Covers RRP £7.80

2 off Illuminated Bobbins to match colour of Alarms RRP £12.40

Complete pager kit containing a Mounting Kit, Hanging Kit and

2 connecting leads.

Total Price if purchase separately £154.80

Our Price for the complete Kit £108.36 post free.

Go to http://www.goodfishing.ltd.uk/

thanks a lot i will check them out

I have a set and they are well worth the money.

Used mine in all weathers and they have not let me down.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have a set and they are well worth the money.

Used mine in all weathers and they have not let me down.

I'm REALLY tempted to buy a set of three and sell of my Fox alarms. I've been considering lashing out on the Fox remote/wireless alarms but as someone has already said they are VERY expensive. I always try to buy top flight gear and would rather pay a bit more to get quality kit. These LOOK too good to be true, surely they cannot compete with the Fox sets costing over 3 times more. Appreciate your comments Rudd but is anyone else using these alarms and if so what do you think to them????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I can't comment on the wireless models specifically as I've never used them. However, my Good Fishing alarms are ever bit as good as Fox ones. Indeed, I've used the Fox MX at the same time as my Good Fishing GFSs. The spec is almost identical, but the Fox isn't quite as sensitive on the high setting. It's a little smaller, but then it doesn't take inexpensive, easy to obtain 9v batteries as the Good Fishing alarms do.

With Good Fishing alarms you're buying direct from the (British) manufacturer. You're also not paying for expensive advertising and marketing.

Good as the Fox alarms are, for me (and now many others on the Forum) there's simply no contest - it's Good Fishing every time.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I can't comment on the wireless models specifically as I've never used them. However, my Good Fishing alarms are ever bit as good as Fox ones. Indeed, I've used the Fox MX at the same time as my Good Fishing GFSs. The spec is almost identical, but the Fox isn't quite as sensitive on the high setting. It's a little smaller, but then it doesn't take inexpensive, easy to obtain 9v batteries as the Good Fishing alarms do.

With Good Fishing alarms you're buying direct from the (British) manufacturer. You're also not paying for expensive advertising and marketing.

Good as the Fox alarms are, for me (and now many others on the Forum) there's simply no contest - it's Good Fishing every time.

Steve, thanks for that.

Not sure but I think the oh-so-expensive Fox alarms have the transmitters built in and not as a stand alone unit so more compact arrangement on y'pod. Pressume GF alarms each have a wire connecting them to transmitter which in turn then sends a signal to the reciever ??? Fox alarms do not need these connecting wires so again, tidyer around the pod (I hate wires everywhere, especially in the rain and mud). I use Fox Illuminated Euro swingers instead of bobbins, do you know if these are compatable with the GF alarms?

Really tempted to invest in the GF set of 3 but need to be sure. £132 is MUCH cheaper than the Fox jobbies and therefore makes me a tad suspicious. I take on board the lack of expensive advertising etc etc but it seems too gooda deal for 3 sets of remote alarms. Need to do more homework on just what fox alarms offer and compare with GF alarms, would therefore appreciate more views etc from yourself and other forum members currently using GF alarms.

You sound really sold on them Steve but I wanna be sure I'm not wasting my money and don't want to end up wishing I'd gone for the more expensive Fox alarms. T'be sure t'be sure as the Irish would put it!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.