wireless bite alarms

willster

Sorrty, you're right about the GF alarms not having the transmitters built into the alarms - I'd forgotten about that. This will of course make a difference to the price. I spoke to GF recently and there are no plans to do a self-contained model. If you fish like I do with your rods apart this could be a reason to go for the Fox ones. However I'm sure GF will supply you with a longer cable. Give them a bell 01233-503841- I find Jeff very helpful. On the other hand if you use a pod there's no need for separate transmitters.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no disrespect to the other alarms but as has been said before on this site you get what you pay for....i've got a set of fox sxv alarms that i've had for nearly 10 years and they as good now as they was when i got them and they was second hand then!!!!!!! i've just got some mmxr's as i need a small lightwight alarm with a remote for one water i'm fishing and i can't fault them one bit but still keeping the sxv's for my river fishing on single banksticks...fox are built to last as are delkims which if they go wrong send them back and they'll repair them free of charge!!!!

Guest Josh Iddon

The problem I have with buying expensive products from fox, korda, ESP and that lot is we never know how much of the price tag is for the name.

Scoop, you've chosen Fox alarms because you have confidence in them based on many years experience. I have equal confidence in Good Fishing.

If Good Fishing alarms were less reliable than those from Fox & Delkim I wouldn't use them. However, all 3 makes are reliable. As Good Fishing alarms have all the features I want at a much lower price than the same spec ones from their competitors, these are the ones I choose. So I don't agree that you always get what you pay for.

That's the beauty of the internet, and forums such as these. We can readily compare notes, and in some cases save each other money by highlighting value for money products.

Of course Delkims, and also the top of the range Fox models, have some additional features. However I've yet to be convinced that they will catch me any more fish - only leave my wallet lighter!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I am still using my GFs after 2 years of trouble free use,i must say that in that time i have only used them maybe 40 times,but i am very happy.

Jeff at GF was the most helpfull guy and i felt that if he could not have met my requirements he would have said so and pointed me in the right direction.

Without doubt you pay extra for the name in any industry,companies get their name by spending money and its the customer that foots the bill.

Please always remember one thing you do not have to be one of the big boys to be the best.

:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I can't comment on the wireless models specifically as I've never used them. However, my Good Fishing alarms are ever bit as good as Fox ones. Indeed, I've used the Fox MX at the same time as my Good Fishing GFSs. The spec is almost identical, but the Fox isn't quite as sensitive on the high setting. It's a little smaller, but then it doesn't take inexpensive, easy to obtain 9v batteries as the Good Fishing alarms do.

With Good Fishing alarms you're buying direct from the (British) manufacturer. You're also not paying for expensive advertising and marketing.

Good as the Fox alarms are, for me (and now many others on the Forum) there's simply no contest - it's Good Fishing every time.

Steve,

Got any photos of your pod with alarms (wire 'n all) in situ?? Like I said hate "clutter" and wires everywhere.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Afraid not, Polly, I haven't used a pod for many years. I now use only banksticks and if I'm fishing overnight use wires from each individual bite alarm to my bivvie.

Of course having my own water I've got the luxury of being able to convert each swim to accomodate this way of fishing..... :P

hi, i aM LOOKING TO BUY SOME WIRELESS BITE ALARMS WITH ADJUSTABLE VOLUME ON THE RECIEVER(SLIGHTLY DEAF), ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE. I USE TWO SOMETIMES THREE RODS. THANKYOU

hi i had to purchase some new alarms last year after my fox mmx ones were stolen .any way i wanted alarms with a remote sounder box fox were too expensive so i had a look at the pro logic alarms cant rember the price now but was just over 100 pounds for set of 3 and reciever .what a fantastic buy they turned out to be . i cannot recomend them highly enough i think you should check them out.

Steve, thanks for that.

Not sure but I think the oh-so-expensive Fox alarms have the transmitters built in and not as a stand alone unit so more compact arrangement on y'pod. Pressume GF alarms each have a wire connecting them to transmitter which in turn then sends a signal to the reciever ??? Fox alarms do not need these connecting wires so again, tidyer around the pod (I hate wires everywhere, especially in the rain and mud). I use Fox Illuminated Euro swingers instead of bobbins, do you know if these are compatable with the GF alarms?

Really tempted to invest in the GF set of 3 but need to be sure. £132 is MUCH cheaper than the Fox jobbies and therefore makes me a tad suspicious. I take on board the lack of expensive advertising etc etc but it seems too gooda deal for 3 sets of remote alarms. Need to do more homework on just what fox alarms offer and compare with GF alarms, would therefore appreciate more views etc from yourself and other forum members currently using GF alarms.

You sound really sold on them Steve but I wanna be sure I'm not wasting my money and don't want to end up wishing I'd gone for the more expensive Fox alarms. T'be sure t'be sure as the Irish would put it!!!!

The top models of Gf alarms have a sounder outlet and an Led outlet which does work with fox swingers.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

hi i had to purchase some new alarms last year after my fox mmx ones were stolen .any way i wanted alarms with a remote sounder box fox were too expensive so i had a look at the pro logic alarms cant rember the price now but was just over 100 pounds for set of 3 and reciever .what a fantastic buy they turned out to be . i cannot recomend them highly enough i think you should check them out.

thanks for that, i have looked at these and i think i will buy them. thanks to everybody for their input.

Edited by willster