Rusty gets a new pb river carp and we get buzzed by a lancaster

JV44

As above I am sure he will stick a picky up very narrow bit and it charged off with him saying help mummy!!! big congrats mate great day lots of little stuff .....oh and I won the comp as the carp arrived before we started na na na rule 22b

The Lanc was just the icing on the cake

Edit just been overflown at home by a Spitfire and Me 109 buchon chasing it whilst sat at home ....must be airshow season

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Also saw the Lanc as it went over Reading station. Awesome. On it's way to Farnborough I think for the airshow

Edited by wotnobivvy

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

What a great day, for the benefit of the locals we walked all of Upper Benyons and back down along the adjacent K&A canal.

The carp came early doors (the first river carp I've caught), I was quite happily catching small perch on bits of lobworm, a 4lb hooklength and a size 18 hook when this 12lb 9oz common arrived for breakfast. Imagine hooking this when you're expecting to catch a 6oz stripey;

DSCN1210_zps49b7fc13.jpg

The Lancaster was incredible, we heard it coming and suspected something special but it was over us and gone before we got the cameras out, just managed a couple of shots as it circled in the distance;

DSCN1211_zps030bd15d.jpg

DSCN1212_zps008febd2.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Sounds like a propper summers day out :).

It was exactly that. We caught perch, chublets, roach, dace, bleak (Steve caught all of those) but no gudgeon which was strange. Another oddity was the number of chub in the canal, we saw loads of them.

Really enjoyable.

It was exactly that. We caught perch, chublets, roach, dace, bleak (Steve caught all of those) but no gudgeon which was strange. Another oddity was the number of chub in the canal, we saw loads of them.

Really enjoyable.

It was indeed a very enjoyable day but what I want to know is where do all the fish go in the winter

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yes it was Matt, took me about ten minutes to land and for the first five I didn't know what it was. I ruled out perch and chub pretty quickly as the runs were long constant surges with very little thumping about. My money was on pike so I was fully expecting to be bitten off, nobody was more surprised than me when it evantually showed itself.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 1

Well maybe the carp was