Rainbow Trout as bait?

solent fisher

Hi,

Anyone tried rainbow trout as bait from the boat?

I've just read an an article in Boat Fishing Monthly and Graham Pullen was bagging up on the stuff late in the year when fresh macky was unavailable.

I'm sick of mushy washed out frozen mackeral, even the Ammo stuff and thought I might give it a try. Asda sell fresh whole trout for 98p each but I'll look out for a cheaper supply.

I'm thinking a nice oily whole trout flapper might make a great tope bait!

James

P.S Anyone know where to buy onion bags/sacks without the onions??

Hi,

I've just read an an article in Boat Fishing Monthly and Graham Pullen was bagging up on the stuff late in the year when fresh macky was unavailable.

I'm sick of mushy washed out frozen mackeral, even the Ammo stuff and thought I might give it a try. Asda sell fresh whole trout for 98p each but I'll look out for a cheaper supply.

James

Sounds like a plan team. Prob is you need small trout for bait, so how do you catch small trout ??? :P

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I bought a bale of 1,000 green sacks from an Agricultural Supply Company (look in yellow pages) for 100 quid + VAT around 3 years back for The National Mullet Club, which was broken up and sold by the NMC in lots of 15 bags for a fiver :-)

I think they have just about run out now, so if you are looking for a business opportunity ...... :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest CAPT HADDOCK

I :rolleyes: recently aquired some onion sacks from the local green grocer, by asking nicely and a cheeky grin i managed to get the free of charge.

got to be worth a try m8

Hi,

James

Have you tried baitsdirect.com, for Predator frozen baits. The mackerel is very good, in particular the one with fish oils added. It's a good bait, stays on well, and catches fish. It comes in nice fillets, 6 to a pack for about £1.42. Cut them to bait size when frozen, put them in your bait box, and when you get there, they

are just right. A whole fillet is a good Bass bait, also Cod.

Have you tried baitsdirect.com, for Predator frozen baits. The mackerel is very good, in particular the one with fish oils added. It's a good bait, stays on well, and catches fish. It comes in nice fillets, 6 to a pack for about £1.42. Cut them to bait size when frozen, put them in your bait box, and when you get there, they

are just right. A whole fillet is a good Bass bait, also Cod.

:D how many times now have you plugged this company, got shares or something? Every tackle shop sells quality blast frozen mackeral which you can get "in nice fillets, 6 to a pack..." but without going to the trouble getting it posted to you?!. Frozen mackeral will catch fish but nothing compares with freshly caught.