So how was it for you?

Peter Waller

How was the river season?

Awful.

I managed about 130 barbel but for the first time in years theres not even a 9 in there let alone the elusive double.

I`m not chasing numbers but after ten years and countless hundreds of barbel out of the Severn I still have a grand total of one double to my name. I feel really overdue a decent fish from the river but unfortunately the weather conditions have scuppered the big fish swim that comes on form in the last couple of weeks. A temp rise may see the fish going on the feed but I`m not holding my breath. One day................

I feel like that with pike. Been doing it 3 years and 9lb 8oz is my best so far. But I still love it and will keep plugging on.

One day our time shall come!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not had a bad seeason at all,

caught some nice perch(1.8+)on the stick float in the summer while fishing for zander bait,i finally landed my zander after 7 sessions and lots of missed takes,she only wieghed 6lb but she was special as i werent in the fens or at bury hill!

fishing the fens more too for pike,lots of fish up to 13lb i couldnt get above that tho my mate i fish with had several 16's!

i also fished a gravel pit for teh first time in november,and got one take for a cracking 16.3 esox-my biggest so far this season.

also had my first tidal river pike,a fat double.

hopefully next two weekends might produce "the one!"

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Didn’t go as much as I’d of liked to. I’ve only been fishing six times this season, all pike fishing. Blanked once out of those six. Must try and get out more next season. A bit of chub fishing would be nice.

only really fished my local river stort and lea this year but did catch my first chub from the Hampshire Avon this year when on holiday. Also had a good session at old mill and meadows with my youngest and she caught roach and gudgeon. Caught my biggest winter dace from the Sort a couple of weeks ago which was nice. Looking forward to getting my summer gear ready for May when carping on gravel pits starts again as my club shuts its still waters from March the 15th until 1st of May. might have one last go on the river if weather improves. My goal for next river season is to fish a river that is new to me and catch a fish or two.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/