Devon/Dorset fish meet/match

richi

just hope my rod and reel arrive in time.

At the beginning of this year a lot of kayaks were ordered by members here... looks like many of us could be going through the rod/reel phase now :D

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK I only read some of the posts and was going to read them better onece I know a flyrod will work there(Thats all I do)

The Yak is ready and I just have to look at a map.

I am in Reigate so I dont even know how far it is...

The main thing is can I flyfish?

Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT, fishfinder and GPS.

Lots of flyrods and stuff.

Paintfly. Good to have you along but not planning to stay Sunday night. Bring the lighter and Ill load some beer. COme back midnight ish.

Leonr . Yes you can fly fish some of the reefs but think it might be a bit early but you are more than welcome to come along and try. We could lend you a boat rod if swfing isnt an option.

Im away offline until tommorrow night so look forward to seeing the arrangments then

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Paintfly. Good to have you along but not planning to stay Sunday night. Bring the lighter and Ill load some beer. COme back midnight ish.

Leonr . Yes you can fly fish some of the reefs but think it might be a bit early but you are more than welcome to come along and try. We could lend you a boat rod if swfing isnt an option.

Im away offline until tommorrow night so look forward to seeing the arrangments then

Damn, just got a delivery message saying my rod won't be delivered until 6pm Sat. :wallbash: The reel's coming from somewhere else and I've got high hopes for Sat am, in which case I'd have my spinning rod sorted at least. Not sure whether to hang on till the Fladen arrives, which would mean K'rge by about 8pm, or just bring the one rod and get there tea time. :unsure:

we did this wrong. You could have collected it from Sean on the way.

we could probably do with launching mid afternoon ish was thinking 3 ish. if you need a boat rod i can bring a spare down.

if im not online give me a bell.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

I've seen 7mph winds and sunshine for Sunday -----we may well be able to stick to planned launch day at Kimmeridge---Don't worry about the rod Paint we'll sort you out, just make sure you bring your own sleeping bag ;) who told the Devon boys :wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I've seen 7mph winds and sunshine for Sunday -----we may well be able to stick to planned launch day at Kimmeridge---Don't worry about the rod Paint we'll sort you out, just make sure you bring your own sleeping bag ;) who told the Devon boys :wallbash:

Here's a hot tip for you lot and of course the Hampshire chapter:

Apparently if you smother your bait(worm or eel) with Macleans toothpaste(NOT with added whitener!) it drives the fish wild.Also home made polyfilla plugs are working here-Maybe you should give it a go :rolleyes:

Cheers Jon.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

OK I only read some of the posts and was going to read them better onece I know a flyrod will work there(Thats all I do)

I dunno, but if you score let me know !

I have just started flying, and yakking come to that, and am just up the road from you !

If you wanna fly on the thames ( pike or whatever ) give me a shout :)

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Hi Leonr

I fished Kimmeridge with a few pals from the shore last night and three of us caught our first bass of the year. These were all taken on Rapalas, but know they're there, there is no reason why you can't catch on the fly. I'll be taking my fly gear on Sunday.

Aidy

Yak: OK P13 (yellow)