carping buddies

jabber

Hi jabber and welcome to Anglers Net.

Weekends are often pretty slow on here so it might be a day or three before anyone from your area sees the thread.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi to all members

i am new to carp fishing and am looking for people to fish with in the north wiltsire area im a member of south cerney fishing club.

please help from a loney fisherman :):thumbs:

jabber

Although it's probably not best from a friendship perspective, you will probably find you fish better on your own. It can be helpful having other people to run ideas by but it's very easy to turn the sessions into social events rather than fishing sessions. Also try talking to the guys on the bank. On most (all ?) waters you should find people are helpful and approachable and fishing friendships develop from there.

Rob.

Hi Jabber. I'm in Oxfordshire, so no good, but hopefully someone will be local and fancy a session.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

you will probably find you fish better on your own.

Rob.

I think what jabber is saying though Rob is that he is new to carping....ie, he doesn't really know how to go about it and is looking for someone to show him the ropes. (I think!!!) :huh:

Sorry jabber, wrong county mate! :(

Welcome to AN jabber, love to help but I'm in London.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

hi to all members

i am new to carp fishing and am looking for people to fish with in the north wiltsire area im a member of south cerney fishing club.

please help from a loney fisherman :):thumbs:

jabber

Hi jabber,

if you are serious about taking up carp fishing, you will have to get used to being lonely, especially if you do night sessions.lol.

Does your club have meetings? Why not go along and see if there is a carp angler who is willing to help you get started. It is surprising once you start visiting carp venues how soon you get to know the others. Carp fishermen are notoriously nosey and a new bivvy on the lake soon arouses curiosity; hence visitors.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance as I live in Kildare and although I was not new to carp fishing when I moved here I was new to the area. I now know most of the carp anglers in the area and some from other parts of Ireland. I shall have to start again when I move back to Scotland. Thank goodness for the internet especially the forums.

Best of luck.

thanks guys for all your replies as im new to carping it was more about going out with some one that will show me the different methods of carp fishing you can only get limmited info from books its knowing what to do when and where

cheers jabber

thanks guys for all your replies as im new to carping it was more about going out with some one that will show me the different methods of carp fishing you can only get limmited info from books its knowing what to do when and where

cheers jabber

Jabber

Pick the busiest carp water on your club book. Plan some night sessions. While on the water take a cheap folding 'guest' chair, loads of water, tea making kit, and most importantly biscuits. Trust me, when the lads start wandering through the daytime they'll drop in on you. Once they're sat down with a cuppa and some biccies they'll be yours! Ask and you will be answered. :yeah:

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>