New PB

Polly

Blimey. That must have hummed a bit by the time you'd travelled home :D

Seriously, though - nice one :clap2:

HO HO HO !!!! Nice one Elton.

I'm well chuffed but just a tad worried about how in God's name I'm gonna "beat it". Maybe I'll do a split PB with 26lbs being my overseas best and retain the 14.02lbs as my top UK fish. Reckon on doing my first Uk twenty this year or at least that's the target. Who knows might just get a thirty, there's three known fish in my target lakes at the Woolpack.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HO HO HO !!!! Nice one Elton.

I'm well chuffed but just a tad worried about how in God's name I'm gonna "beat it". Maybe I'll do a split PB with 26lbs being my overseas best and retain the 14.02lbs as my top UK fish

Thats the way Polly.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hey Polly

If you get a 30 out of the Woolpack, let me know how, can't get a thing out of there so far :(

Do you know any other good waters around that area?

Trevor

Depends what "flicks y'switch" mate St Ives complex is really nice and natural but NOT an easy water. All lakes hold carp with Shallow lagoon being my favourite. 24/7 fishinf don't come cheap though it's £300 ish and ther'es a waiting list. Lakes recently frequented my the likes of Mr Hearn, Mr Lane & Mr Jackson hence price. Hard waters but lovely to fish. Then theres Monks on th A14, apparently £600 a year so well outa my league. Commercials abound in the area with Lawn Farm @ Cambourne and Manor Farm on the A1 near Biggleswade. Personally I join the Woolpack and then pop to Lawn Farm or Manor Farm to put a bend in the rods. The Woolpack has been fishing very hard recently and a lot of people are getting put off going there but stick with it mate co when it turns on then boy-o-boy will you be in for a good day. It will happen, just a case of waiting and being there when it does. Which lakes do you frequent mate, I'd suggest either 1,2 or 3. Lake 3 gets a lot of pressure especially when 4,5,6 & 7 close shortly so why don't you have a crack at lake 2. I know there's at least 1 thirty in there and it's only a small lake.

Also loads of lakes at Earith but mostly syndicates, y'need to ask around cos they're often looking to increase membership.

Sound like you had a good time Polly, shame you have to come back to blanking reality! If you ever gret over this way again let me know and I will pop over for a chat if I am around, spending lots of time in Derbyshire with the grand daughter these days, one weekend every 3 or 4. If I didn't have the diesel bill I could probabaly afford one of your syndicate tickets!!!

Sound like you had a good time Polly, shame you have to come back to blanking reality! If you ever gret over this way again let me know and I will pop over for a chat if I am around, spending lots of time in Derbyshire with the grand daughter these days, one weekend every 3 or 4. If I didn't have the diesel bill I could probabaly afford one of your syndicate tickets!!!

Ginger,

:yeah: Great to hear from you again, hope all is well with you. Assume you're still fishing SM? Haven't been your way for a while now, had a fall-out with my brother so don,t have much cause to venture into your neck of the woods. Doing mostly carp fishing these days, but still like to have a go at Mr Essox occasionally though.

Cheers - Phil

Gonna try to load some piccies either over weekend or Monday!!!

Hi Phil, haven't been to SM for a couple of years now although I had a ride over for a look round a couple of weeks ago, might just give it a go on Sunday if elsewhere the rivers are too high. This winter I have tried round the Downham Market area, Well Creek, River Wissey and Great Ouse and once on the Cut off channel. Caught my first zander on the ouse, 4 inches of it! The rest of the time i have been bashing away at Swaffham AC's lakes at Narborough, not easy but I can usually winkle something out. Hope you trip to France hasn't spoiled you for the local waters, I suppose you are expecting half a dozen twenties every time you go now! Keep in touch

Pete

I am looking forward to seeing them Polly

Sorry, didn't get a chance to stick them onto a CD, will have a go tonight. Might even log onto here from home and try to load some.