How bigs your butt

Starvinmarvin

Heavy game rods have the reel set low down - so you can wind by your hips and not have to reach up to the reel. The Greys Longboats from 20lb up are like this.

I have a 15-20lb Longboat on order as they did a special ayt the NEC. It breaks down nicely too, nearly 50:50. The handle on the 15-20 will be a bit longer than you would like, but as I am a handsome, hunky, tall kayak angler it will suit me! Ugly, puney, short arses will need short butts! I think the 15-20 has the sliding reel seat too.

My Snowbee Deep Blue 8lb class is just ideal - especially for the ray and tope type of fish. Not quite up to the Porgies - although I reckon given the time it would subdue one. The butt on that is fantastic - 16". The rubber button on the butt end was just too big for the flush mounts on the Dorao - but 5 minutes with some sandpaper had it sliding in and out beautifully! You can hardly see where I sanded either. This is a very, very nice rod with braid proof Fuji rings throughout and closely spaced rings at the tip. Delicate, stiff and with huge reserves of power. It is a true IGFA 8lb class curve.

Like someone above, I have an Abu spinning rod for throwing lures at empty seas. A 9 footer. The but section is ideal for the kayak. Shame they don't make this rod anymore.

For those who want to fly fish in the salt - take a look at the EXPLORER rods from South Africa. I have seen the #12 in the flesh and it is brilliant - and lighter than my Orvis T3 #10!! They retail for about £100. They do spinning rods too - nice carbon and built to deal with the game fish off South Africa - South African built, so their labour rates - that is why they are cheap. Take the Shilton reels too - in South Africa the #12 was £150. Sportfish want £495 for the same reel! It doesn't cost £300 to ship them over.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

JUst picked up Fladen Maximmus 6lb rod. Unbelievable quality for price, stainless evrything. Great action too. But length is 15". On the face of it the perfect Yaking rod. Now for the real test, wheres those pesky Bass?

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

JUst picked up Fladen Maximmus 6lb rod. Unbelievable quality for price, stainless evrything. Great action too. But length is 15". On the face of it the perfect Yaking rod. Now for the real test, wheres those pesky Bass?
I had a Fladen spinning rod once-it was also very good value for money with a good action--hope everything goes alright tomorrow with Yarak 2 Paul :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Bill think that should read "live LONGER and prosper" :P

Thanks Guys

ITS HERE!!

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)