Proud new owner tarpon 140

GB

Hi All

I've been away a while hence the silence, now I'm home again and with a new toy a Tarpon 140. I have not started to fit it out yet, I think I will do it as I use it to get it right, but I will send in some photo's as it comes together.

Any of the guys in Pembrokeshire fancy meeting up for a paddle give me a shout as I an keen to get out more.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

GB

I'll be down your way in August, always have a few days in Saundersfoot during the summer. Weather is never very kind to me, only managed one trip out last year, a couple the year before, but I keep coming back for more, it's a lovely part of the country.

Will probably keep the Tarpon standard, going to be very busy with the Ocean Kayak Malibu II XL project for this year, looks like it's going to have around 8 rod mounts, might make a good charter. :D Infact there are 10 including the rod holders on the back of the seat :o

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

It will be good to see the malibu fitted out, its just the sort of yak to take my kids out on.

If you have any ideas on fitting an anchor trolley system to the tarpon it would be much appreciated as I am a bit stumped on how its going to work properly.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

GB, I'm waiting delivery on mine, should be here late part of next week, early the following week, it was mid Atlantic last I heard.

Trolley system wise, should be able to rig it the same as on the Prowler 13 Project on AnglersAfloat, may have to add an eye at either end to to fix it. The system on the Prowler works really well.

My mate Artfulfisher who lives in Broadmoor (just up the road from you) has a pair of Malibu II's, he and his wife take the kids out fishing on them, a real family affair. The difficulty with the Malibu II compared with the II XL is that the II doesn't have a gunwale designed to fit a rod mount, so location is really difficult, thankfully the XL has been designed to take the Scotty Flushmount makes life a lot easier.

You'll be needing a Yak board before long for when the surf is up. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Of course, if you bought a Dorado it already has 3 anchor hauls built in as standard, and a crate, and 2 flush mounts with rod leash attachemnt eyes beside them, and the huge fishbox right between your legs - and it will paddle out through huge waves/surf. AND it is phenomenally stable - you have to really try to get it to turn over, then it is very easy and quick to right and climb back aboard.

Trouble is, it is only a couple of hundred £ more than the Tarpon. Give you a race!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hey Simon.

Dorado....second mortgage.

That big fish box between your legs, is that for your Porgies, or the three bearded rockling,Bass, Mackerel.

Why anyone would want to fish in the huge surf you mention is beyond me, uncomfortable, hard to fish properly, and hard paddling, not to mention the safety side of things, plus a smashed boat and other kit in the surf zone when you return in the huge surf.

As for sitting in a puddle of water all day, my piles would suffer no end.

The Dorado is a beautifull Kayak, a big game Kayak maybe, but a bit over the top for this country.

A bit like owning a 200 mph car, and only being able to drive it at 70.

Scrambler XT would leave it standing :D

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Oh Simon, your starting to sound like the squatter :D The Tarpon comes with 2 flush mounts, one Scotty rod holder, anchor, 2 screw in hatches, large front hatch and happened to be a very good deal. :D

Race, I'm built for cruising. :D

They all have their place and everyone has their favourites, March's favourite is the Prowler 13 and I'll be taking her out on the Thames tomorrow for a bit of Pike fishing.... yippeeeeeeeeee :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

Bloody hell David, Do the monopolies commission know about you hoarding kayaks :D

Oh Simon, your starting to sound like the squatter :D The Tarpon comes with 2 flush mounts, one Scotty rod holder, anchor, 2 screw in hatches, large front hatch and happened to be a very good deal. :D

Shame it didn't come in Sunrise Starvin--------you might have got away without the wife ever knowing if she's as observant as my other half :wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph