What have I been missing?

Guest Silver Back

Yes Finepix, the main feature on 'KT' is constant hot running 'tea' :lol: Behind is a a full 4 burner hob and under is the fitted oven and grill. We also have hot and cold running water, and a double sink. I like it old and cossy, but I do like some modern home cumforts :hypocrite:

The whole idea is that we can creep off down the river, where its quiet, think of the picture opotunities, at bird chirp, I get up to do some bass fishing but the birds and wild life, its a stunning setting, the sun rising over the trees, an early morning mist gently rises from the water, puttin that eire 'Hammer' feeling to the scean. Ducks and water birds of all sorts wade in the shallows going about their busines as the tide ebbs to uncover breakfast. Gulls of verious species fly up and down, suddenly drop into the water for some unsuspecting fish fry. And there is yours truly, rod and line, fishing for those butifull silver bars, sea bass.

Hazels down below, in our double cuddle, still driving them home, its 4am :lol::lol: She eventualy surfaces about 8am, and gets a full English on the go. Strange, its the only time we eat a fried break'y, at home its a couple mugs of tea and a bowl of grapfruit.

The photo oportunities are endless, you have seen a few of my sunrise/sunsets. The gulls almost come and sit on the rails, we get seals, and mullet, they can be photographed with a poloriod filter. Then of course jump in the dinghy and row to a lonly beach, inaccessable by land, drift wood, birds, ducks . . . yes, we like our boat.

Out to sea, O'yes, but thats strictly deep see fishing!

Cliff

Cliff - I was on that boat with you as I read that, beautifully written my friend.

Kindest regards from your namesake.

Cliff

BTW - keep the piccies coming & after writing that I hope the reality isn't a half submerged Ford Anglia & a shopping trolley.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the cover for a "pop up" toaster.

Newt, 'Pop up toasters' need that stuff you cant see called '240v lectisity', our humble 12/24 accumalators could'nt take the strain :lol: 'lectrisity' a bit new and fangled for us.

Cliff

Guest Finepix
Yes Finepix, the main feature on 'KT' is constant hot running 'tea' :lol: Behind is a a full 4 burner hob and under is the fitted oven and grill. We also have hot and cold running water, and a double sink. I like it old and cossy, but I do like some modern home cumforts :hypocrite:

The whole idea is that we can creep off down the river, where its quiet, think of the picture opotunities, at bird chirp, I get up to do some bass fishing but the birds and wild life, its a stunning setting, the sun rising over the trees, an early morning mist gently rises from the water, puttin that eire 'Hammer' feeling to the scean. Ducks and water birds of all sorts wade in the shallows going about their busines as the tide ebbs to uncover breakfast. Gulls of verious species fly up and down, suddenly drop into the water for some unsuspecting fish fry. And there is yours truly, rod and line, fishing for those butifull silver bars, sea bass.

Hazels down below, in our double cuddle, still driving them home, its 4am :lol::lol: She eventualy surfaces about 8am, and gets a full English on the go. Strange, its the only time we eat a fried break'y, at home its a couple mugs of tea and a bowl of grapfruit.

The photo oportunities are endless, you have seen a few of my sunrise/sunsets. The gulls almost come and sit on the rails, we get seals, and mullet, they can be photographed with a poloriod filter. Then of course jump in the dinghy and row to a lonly beach, inaccessable by land, drift wood, birds, ducks . . . yes, we like our boat.

Out to sea, O'yes, but thats strictly deep see fishing!

Cliff

Just pure and utter heaven. I so wish I were there at the moment, more than you could imagine.

Thank you that snippet of peace and tranquility. :)

Just pure and utter heaven. I so wish I were there at the moment, more than you could imagine.

Thank you that snippet of peace and tranquility. :)

You know Finepix, I have it on my door step, well 25 minuets away, and still I cant get enough. On board tomorow and Sunday, jobs, not pleasure. But then again, just being afloat, even if it is only in the marina, doing the dirty mainenance jobs. There is something about water, it is so relaxing, unwind . . . put the world in a whole new perspective.

Down the marina on Wednesday late after noon, the other side of the Estuary is Felixstowe Docks, there must be a dozen berths. Huge container ships come and go, vast laviathans, heavily stacked from deck to 6 high, a rainbow of coloured boxes. Gaze in ore, and imaging an equal mass of metal coloured boxes below decks, nearly 60ft below the water line, it is no wonder they take miles to alter course or stop.

Rain or shine, there is always something to see and hear, loading canes extended like giant insects looking for a meal. There is more to water than just floating on it.

Below is a pic accros the marina at sun rise a few weeks ago, around Christmas I think, hense you can see the crains but almost no ships. Nice sunset, not my best shot though.

marinana.jpg

Cliff

Edited by CJS2

Guest Finepix
You know Finepix, I have it on my door step, well 25 minuets away, and still I cant get enough. On board tomorow and Sunday, jobs, not pleasure. But then again, just being afloat, even if it is only in the marina, doing the dirty mainenance jobs. There is something about water, it is so relaxing, unwind . . . put the world in a whole new perspective.

Down the marina on Wednesday late after noon, the other side of the Estuary is Felixstowe Docks, there must be a dozen berths. Huge container ships come and go, vast laviathans, heavily stacked from deck to 10 high, a rainbow of coloured boxes. Gaze in ore, and imaging an equal mass of metal coloured boxes below decks, nearly 60ft below the water line, it is no wonder they take miles to alter course or stop.

Rain or shine, there is always something to see and hear, loading canes extended like giant insects looking for a meal. There is more to water than just floating on it.

Below is a pic accros the marina at sun rise a few weeks ago, around Christmas I think, hense you can see the crains but almost no ships. Nice sunset, not my best shot though.

marinana.jpg

Cliff

You had me at hello :lol:

Cliff,

Do they welcome little boats like my 17 footer at Shotley?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Cliff,

Do they welcome little boats like my 17 footer at Shotley?

Yes Elton, they have what they call 'Q' berths, only small boat (upto 7m) can get to them. There is a waiting list cos they are cheap(er) than the standard rate. Get your name on the list mate?

Ian FG, Yes mate, 'Shotley Gate' still ther just! in the process of getting planning permission for 375 dwellings! Lots of oposition. Pic below, look carfully the ships mast is just visable, did you ever get up to be button boy? The marina was the running track!

shotley.jpg

Cliff :ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Cliff,

Thanks for that amazing picture, yes that marina was the running track. Nope I never made it onto the button, only one boy a year did and he got a medal for it.

Amazing to think the mast and buildings are still there. What have they been using the place for?

Here's a pic of me a long time ago when I was 15 years old and a trainee of HMS Ganges.

ganges5if.jpg