Personal Best Barbel to finish the season

jak

post-6486-1142199558_thumb.jpgJust got back from my last River Fishing trip before the end of the close season. Fished a relatively local stretch of the Ivel and managed to beat my personal best Barbel :yeah: My best was 6lb 14oz (or possibly 8lb 12oz) but now it's 11lb 12oz !!!!!!!!!!!!! :sun::sun::yeah::yeah:

It's not the best photo in the world but you can see it anyway !!!!!!

Hope everyone else finished the season with a bang

JAK

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

Guest rabbit

You must be chuffed, especially in such adverse weather conditions. What was the bait? Well done, and thanks for sharing.

What a cracking fish. Well done Jak, you must be over the moon.

Still don't really believe it .......... wasn't expecting a big barbel ............

It's a relatively snag free venue but only had 6lb line with a 5lb hooklength. Fortunately I was using a Shimano reel with fighting Drag and it really helped me play the fish. Normally use a Centrepin but was fishing to the far bank and it was quite windy.

You must be chuffed, especially in such adverse weather conditions. What was the bait? Well done, and thanks for sharing.

just a small Maggot Feeder and 4 maggots on a size 14........ apparently a few barbel had come out over the previous couple of weeks to maggot as well as a number of chub. You can't beat finding someone prepared to share a bit of local knowledge

just a small Maggot Feeder and 4 maggots on a size 14........ apparently a few barbel had come out over the previous couple of weeks to maggot as well as a number of chub. You can't beat finding someone prepared to share a bit of local knowledge

That's a lovely fish, well done and what a fantastic way to end the season.

Tight lines for the next one.

Will