preparing hemp

Jonah13

normally i buy pre-cooked hemp but my Tackle merchants is out till satdee and i want to start fishing at dawn in the morning.

So i've some hemp to cook/prepare overnight, stop me if i'm wrong but i'm sure i read somewhere the eaisest way to prepare hemp is to fill a thermos flask with the hemp then add boiling water seal the lid on the flask and let it sit over night and in the morning the hemp is split and ready to use, is this right or do i have to use the old fashioned method off standing over the stove?

any help or advice would be great :)

soak them for around 24 hours before boiling....

I do it the old fashioned way of standing over the stove until the kernels split open....

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

time is against me now............

will the hemp be ready for the morning if i do the thermos method ? do i still need to soak it before adding the boiling water in the flask?

Jonah

get a plastic type jug from the kitchen and half fill it with hemp. Pour a generous amount of water over it and two thirds fill the jug, cover in cling film and cook it in the microwave on full power for twenty minutes. Remove from microwave add one teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and stir well. Leave to cool and job done

Guest Ferret1959

Oh and another tip.

If you want the hemp to swell more put a tiny drop of fairy liquid in when you use the boil in the pan method.

Swill well and you will have larger than normal seeds.

Trust me on this one it was a tip from a tackle dealer who has beem doing it for years. :)

[ 03. February 2005, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]

thanks ferret but already started the themos and microwave methods

looks like the misses needs a new flask then Brian :D well i'm not sure yet actaully as i've just peeked and all looks ok the seeds are splitting and the thermos is so far intact :)

just put in the microwave batch, well let you know how it goes, ta for the help