Les Webber's project the victim of....

Bob Bradford

THEFT... yes that is correct , Les and his little organisation to help the kids in this Country is the latest victim of what can only be described as a "Scum Attack" please read the words posted by Keith Arthur on the Total Fishing forum, I will keep you posted as the anglers on this forum are already getting some new kit organised,regards Bob.

Over the last 24 hours some real low-lifes have broken into the Angling Projects yard at Wraysbury, nr Staines, and stolen all their kit. This involves rods and reels from all major makers, boxes of groundbait and 24 brand new keepnets in stink bags marked in indelible marker pen 'ANGLING PROJECTS'. Les Webber, who runs AP and has done for 30 years, has managed to get angling onto school curricula in many areas and has been responsible for introducing angling to many unfortunate kids around the country. If any of you see anything on eBay or around and about please check it out. Also if any of you have some useable kit that you could do without I'm sure Les would appreciate it. I won't gibe his number out on here just yet: AT have the story and may be printing some contact details this week. I just said to someone it's a shame one of them wasn't impaled on the fence by his scrotum until help arrived. Surely these can't be anglers?

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Lowlifes like that upset me so much.

Not only have they stolen tackle, but they've stolen precious memories and opportunities from children.

I was going to send Les some stuff this week, anyway. I'll see if I can gather some more bits now!!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

If I may be so bold Elton... One member of Total Fishing called Steve R is a qualified angling coach, influential member of the NFA and gives a lot of his free time to coach the kids in his area ( near Staines) is organising a fishing match to raise funds, I will not be able to attend but I will be sending a cheque, when I have the details may I post them on here? I know this project is close to all our hearts and I am taking for granted the lads and lasses on here will make a significant contribution.

Edited by Bob Bradford

Most of you know of the work Les does ,but just in case you don't...

www.apex-web.co.uk/angling_projects/index.htm

I feel desperately sorry for Les and his little team. Some of the stuff stolen, will probably include the Anglersnet donated tackle that I delivered to Wraysbury last year. You just can't win.

I shouldnt worry about giving out the tel number Bob, its freely available here. I'm sure Les could do with whatever donations (tackle/cash) that people can spare.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I'd recommend keeping an eye on Ebay over the next few weeks/months for a lot of tackle going cheap in the surrounding areas to Les's base!!

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

And any car boot sales in the area.

Unfortunately, there's always a quick and easy market for these despicable tea-leaves to transfer their ill-gotten gains into cash. Whilst the means to convert theft into money (and presumably drugs or suchlike)remains so easy, they'll continue to do it.

And it doesn't seem to matter to this type who the victims are, they clearly have no conscience.

Like those who govern our nation, I have no solution, I believe it's a social phenomenon that will only get worse.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Those governing the nation have no clue, exccept how to line their own pockets, not no solution. The solution is entirely in their hands and it comes down to how they spend our money. Unfortunately its on their salaries, pension schemes, and forays into other countries to support a morally bankrupt America. Phew, feel better now :lol: