Mullet Season 2006

Matt Baldwin

Sean ... is this a general invite or just for the players picked so far ???

I'd be interested in the Saturday fixture, if someone would tell me exactly when and where to meet up... if not then I'm free anytime (ish) for the second half of July if your up for it...

Phil

Phil . . sending you a PM.

Andrew Boyd

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! I get it bringing in reinforcements! Not happy with just the two of you then? so you have to bring in a 3rd player on the Saturday! No problem we might have to give you that one for your handicap!

We'll see you at 9ish in the usual place might have racked up a few by the time you get there but we won't count them.

Had two more tonignt as well and plenty more baiting up been done in readyness for Friday!

Really looking forward to this one. Make sure the cameras working this time Andy and we will see then!

Hopefully lots of big mullet pictures on Monday to show everyone on this forum!

Sean is refering to the fact that I delited all my photos of last years trip by mistake. The fact that I caught zero and all the photos were of Sean's and Dave's fish has nothing to do with it whatsoever !!

Andrew Boyd

So the Weymouth weekend has been and gone. While my heart was not in a match as such I had hoped that Dave and I would come out on top but it was not to be. Sean had a 4lb'er on the Saturday which pushed the "local boys" into top place.

Our catch from memory . .

Dave 2lb 14oz and 2lb'ish + one Smelt of about 2oz!

Me 3lb, 2lb'ish and a Golden Gray of just under 1lb.

I'll leave it for Sean to post his and Mark's catch. I'll post some pictures shortly.

Andrew Boyd

So the Weymouth weekend has been and gone. While my heart was not in a match as such I had hoped that Dave and I would come out on top but it was not to be. Sean had a 4lb'er on the Saturday which pushed the "local boys" into top place.

Our catch from memory . .

Dave 2lb 14oz and 2lb'ish + one Smelt of about 2oz!

Me 3lb, 2lb'ish and a Golden Gray of just under 1lb.

I'll leave it for Sean to post his and Mark's catch. I'll post some pictures shortly.

Well done the local boys , always difficult playing away from home !

We gave you a run for your money though.

Unlucky to Phil who was there or there abouts , next time mate.

Plus points..........Andy and I had a few Barbel and Chub out'a the Avon at Ringwood on the way home , most satifying.

Just finished looking at your report Phil very impressive with the pictures as well! Hope you do come down again I am sure if you had come around with us instead of staying put you would have caught for sure!

Remember you can't beat local knowledge and we know the best spots in that harbour and what state of the tide to fish them!

Sean I'll be looking to do it all again next year !

I think local knowledge won out in the end, though Dave and I did show you another swim I know you'll be trying.

Just a thought. I have heard of large Mullet being caught of the rocks to the seaward RH side of the Harbour wall on floater. May be worth setting up a fish oil slick with some floating bread and seeing if any fish come up then popping a bait over the top. Mark has the range with his controller gear!!!

Phil, it is a lot to do in one day. I've done it in the past, and while I'm as keen there is a limit! Liked your report, spot on. Sorry if I'd known you were going to arrive quite so early I would have switched my phone on a bit sooner !

Andrew Boyd