digintal slr.

tyurke

anyone try the new canon slr rebel xt?

Id like to start getting some aciton shots. price looks good too

hi tyurke, i'm wondering that too.. i been looking at the info about it on on stevesdigicams but can't decide wether to go for it or wait & splash out the extra cash for a Canon EOS 5D.. hmmmm

anyone?

hi tyurke, i'm wondering that too.. i been looking at the info about it on on stevesdigicams but can't decide wether to go for it or wait & splash out the extra cash for a Canon EOS 5D.. hmmmm

anyone?

i have a canon 350d and can recomend them as absolutly superb , almost the same spec as the 20d but a few hundred £ cheaper .

:yeah:

anyone?

Well I had the same dilema having a pro1 I felt it was time to move up to a SLR, for me the 5D is a little out of my price bracket, especially when I need to get some decent lenses aswell.

I popped down to the local Jessops just to take a look at the 350D, I was surprised to see how small it was and to be honest the build quality felt cheap with the plastic body, although in a price bracket I could afford I decided to wait and see what Canon had to offer for this years new models.

When you get time go along to your local camera shop and have a look at the 350D and you will see what I mean, dont get me wrong it's a great little camera but for a few more pennies you can get yourself better build quality that feels worth the money, my honest opinion would be to go for Canons new release the 30D which although is still 8.2 megapixels has a build quality equal to the EOS 5D and a damn sight cheaper and if you have the budget to buy a 5D then you might want to think about putting that into lenses instead.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

On the subject of lenses, i always thought it was these that gave the finished quality, sharp pictures ets.

I use a canon EOS 500N, but only for slide film, and a canon EOS 300D for everything else. I have a variety of canon lenses, all interchangeable with both models. Would i therefore have the same results with cheaper lenses?

Another quick query, i normally shoot in large mode, would i be better in RAW (presuming i can download it - which i'm going to try in 5 mins)

I have only just started editing and printing from the computor, preffering in the past to go direct from the camera.

OK tried opening in adobe photoshop2 and it says "can't open, not correct type of file" (RAW that is)

Edited by Cameraman
If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Your camera is the canvas and your lenses the paintbrush, but these are nothing without the artist.

"Another quick query, i normally shoot in large mode, would i be better in RAW (presuming i can download it - which i'm going to try in 5 mins)

I have only just started editing and printing from the computor, preffering in the past to go direct from the camera."

OK tried opening in adobe photoshop2 and it says "can't open, not correct type of file" (RAW that is)

Heres a few things to help you with the RAW format, sorry if you know most of these allready.

Are you using Photoshop CS2??, if so have you installed the updates??

Have you installed the latest version of CamaraRaw from Canon??

http://alpha03u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900

Also take a look at Digital Photo Professional software on canons site its a very handy util if you have canon software installed.

http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/dpp/

Windows XP also now allows you to thumbnail RAW images like jpegs,bmp etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/d...ophoto/raw.mspx

The good thing about shooting in RAW is it's the nearest thing your going to get to a negative in the digital realm, if your shooting in large in jpeg format then your pictures will allready have had a lot of digital processing done to them as well as compression which in turn degrades the photo, if you shoot in RAW you probably know that the filesizes are a lot larger but they allow you much more freedom with processing the picture afterwards, white balance etc.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Your camera is the canvas and your lenses the paintbrush, but these are nothing without the artist.

"Another quick query, i normally shoot in large mode, would i be better in RAW (presuming i can download it - which i'm going to try in 5 mins)

I have only just started editing and printing from the computor, preffering in the past to go direct from the camera."

Heres a few things to help you with the RAW format, sorry if you know most of these allready.

Are you using Photoshop CS2??, if so have you installed the updates??

Have you installed the latest version of CamaraRaw from Canon??

http://alpha03u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900

Also take a look at Digital Photo Professional software on canons site its a very handy util if you have canon software installed.

http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/dpp/

Windows XP also now allows you to thumbnail RAW images like jpegs,bmp etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/d...ophoto/raw.mspx

The good thing about shooting in RAW is it's the nearest thing your going to get to a negative in the digital realm, if your shooting in large in jpeg format then your pictures will allready have had a lot of digital processing done to them as well as compression which in turn degrades the photo, if you shoot in RAW you probably know that the filesizes are a lot larger but they allow you much more freedom with processing the picture afterwards, white balance etc.

I'm still in adobe photoshop elements 2.0, and have still not mastered it yet :rolleyes:

The links you gave, 1st is broken other two look great, but i think for now at my standard, i'll stick with what i'm at. Its probably better that i learn to walk slowly before running. Much of what i read was straight over my head :blink:

Thanks anyway, i always appreciate help :yeah:

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

I'm 95% sure my camera will be the EOS 350D. Don't see anything different in the body of it it and it certainly feels anything but plasticky. If that's the route you go then have a look around for prices. Amazon actually hade them for 480 (including lens) I think a week ago.

Rob.