Rod Licence Reminder

Elton

Timely reminder, as some do get caught out:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/get_a_lic..._march2006.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The last few years a number of friends and I have paid by direct debit set up with the EA.

No need to think about it, each March a new licence pop's though the letter box. Our's all turned up last Thursday.

Andrew Boyd

Please do not do as the Angling Times said a few weeks ago get is as soon as you need it .

Edited by PIKE

Ian Flynn

My nephew has just turned 16, he is still at school and has no job. His rod licence has no increased by just over £15. I think that the rod licence should remain at a child rate until he/she goes into full time employment. He is now considering giving up the sport because his club licence has gone up by £16 as well! Does anybody agree?

The Clax Will Always Crack

My nephew has just turned 16, he is still at school and has no job. His rod licence has no increased by just over £15. I think that the rod licence should remain at a child rate until he/she goes into full time employment. He is now considering giving up the sport because his club licence has gone up by £16 as well! Does anybody agree?

Whilst I can sympathise with this, and wish there was a viable solution, it's all part of getting older. Buses and trains will now be more expensive for him, too, probably, as well as a lot of other things in life.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Welcome to the world of adulthood where concessions are but a thing of the past and full prices are the norm for the rest of us. Still look on the bright side, if he wants to he can with parental consent get married, join the army and can nearly legally buy alcohol in pubs and fritter his money away at the bookies.

Licence fees in the real world are peanuts to the amount we waste on incidentals that make life more pleasant, if the age cut off for concessions were raised to 18 then we'd still get some saying it should be 21. The harsh reality is that whatever the upper age limit for consessions is, someone has to make a decision as to the cut off point and we just have to get on with it.

What would happen if he was never to go into full time employment, should they be guaranteed a subsidised licence for life?. 16 is a time when most people recognise that children become adults and is a time when normal schooling finish's so is appropriate for the higher level of EA fees

Club fees have nothing to do with the EA licence and really ought not to be used as an example as it only confuses the issue

True Elton - but you can get a railcard, and if your bus is going to College it's usually free!

I think concessions should be extended to 18 - it's one of those things where I believe that encouraging more youngsters into the sport will increase revenues in the long term. At present a lot of kids go off fishing between 14 and 16 (for reasons other than licence money) but why put another hurdle in their path?

Ian W

True Elton - but you can get a railcard, and if your bus is going to College it's usually free!

I think concessions should be extended to 18 - it's one of those things where I believe that encouraging more youngsters into the sport will increase revenues in the long term. At present a lot of kids go off fishing between 14 and 16 (for reasons other than licence money) but why put another hurdle in their path?

Because the tax paying public in the UK are already overstretched and being told that they'll have to work, basically, until they die?