Im off

stavey

Frankly, having reviewed the thread in question, looked at a few other postes, the man seems to be a very angry individual who simply seems to spoil for a verbal fight, hitting out in any direction. Giving it out but with a glass jaw, cant take a well measured reply, perhaps we are better off minus one? There are plenty of balls to contiue the game.

CJS2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I think Stavey just let his frustration get the better of him on a few occasions. Most of us have been there at some point or other. It's easy to do that sometimes, especially when someone is as passionate about certain subjects as Stavey obviously is. Personally I hope that he thinks again and starts posting, like it or not we need people like him to fight our corner. Being nice and polite and agreeing to disagree is great, but it isn't how RSA has gained recognition in the last few years. There has been a lot of fighting done by some very spirited and out spoken individuals to get us where we are today. O.K, some might not like where we are today, but in my opinion we are in a better position than we were 10 years ago. I for one am happy to listen to what Stavey has to say, and the arguments that may result, if it gets just one more person onboard.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

To be fair, I think Stavey just let his frustration get the better of him on a few occasions. Most of us have been there at some point or other. It's easy to do that sometimes, especially when someone is as passionate about certain subjects as Stavey obviously is. Personally I hope that he thinks again and starts posting, like it or not we need people like him to fight our corner. Being nice and polite and agreeing to disagree is great, but it isn't how RSA has gained recognition in the last few years. There has been a lot of fighting done by some very spirited and out spoken individuals to get us where we are today. O.K, some might not like where we are today, but in my opinion we are in a better position than we were 10 years ago. I for one am happy to listen to what Stavey has to say, and the arguments that may result, if it gets just one more person onboard.

The problem being Steve if you have him in your corner you may well gain one extra member aboard but you'll lose six

The problem being Steve if you have him in your corner you may well gain one extra member aboard but you'll lose six

I don't know Brian. It seems to me that some will never get involved with conservation stuff no matter what. (Sometimes I wish I never had if I'm honest.) I can't imagine that anyone who was thinking about doing something will be put off by any of Staveys comments. Maybe I'm wrong? :unsure: Dunno.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Steve

If freedom of speech is a concept that is dear to him as he suggests then you have to grasp the concept that with freedom of speech comes the freedom of others to disagree with your opinion and you also have to accept that others have the right to have an alternative thought process and the right of others to voice that thought. That must be the basis of any debate without throwing your toys out of the pram and berating others in the process

Until he grasps that idea then he won't be of any use in campaiging on conservation matters to you (Steve) himself nor anyone else

Just read through the topic. Is stavey\'s displeasure because someone disagreed with him or because the topic was closed. Ive read a few of this lads posts and although he comes across very strong and passionate I dont think he is the type to be overly rude and certainly not from what ive seen, the type to spit out the dummey because someone dissagreed. Ive seen far worse said and not removed in here in my short time aboard. I rekon stavey is miffed at the topic closure rather than any disagreement with any member of this forum.

have i missed something....we haven't had a locked thread on here that i can see,are we talking about the Sea Fishing lot again :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Yup, was moved from Sea Fishing a few moments ago.

I think it was Sid

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."