Google Earth again

Huge_Vitae

If you add a placemark, you can do Save As... to save it as a .kmz file. Unfortunately the forum won't allow uploads of files with that extension (Could be very handy if it were allowed, Elton...).

I've put one on my webspace here

The Google Earth .kmz format is basically a zipped XML file, so it's possible that your OS will offer to uncompress it instead of opening it with Google Earth. If it does, the zipped file inside should open with Google Earth. It's a bit odd.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how often the images or anything else gets updated?

If you pay for the other versions, do you get better detail?

Thanks in advance,

Colin

I looked on it Colin, and in my back garden is a big shed, that I pulled down, and burnt, on Bon Fire night, three years ago.

Maybe different areas are upgraded at different times.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I looked on it Colin, and in my back garden is a big shed, that I pulled down, and burnt, on Bon Fire night, three years ago.

Maybe different areas are upgraded at different times.

The images of my house are only 1 year old, as I said all images are being updated to high res over a period of time.

I have tried the email>> Picture and emailed my self the image, it comes through as a .jpg file but when i try and open it it's blank!

As you said the .kmz file works great if you have googlearth installed but you cant do a lot with the image than send it out by email.

Be great if Elton (more work for free!) could add a link bar to our signatures so we could show different locations etc.

Last night I showed Nurse Judy Mine and She showed me her's :whistling:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

And I thought you could keep a secret :headhurt::headhurt:

Judy, your not far from me (Leeds), can you tell when your's were taken?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You have to remember that various sets of images for the UK were taken at different times. I know, for example, that the piccies of Heathrow have been updated because a mysterious low-res chunk which was entertaining the conspiracy theorists has been replaced with high-res coverage and one of our Concordes is missing!

You have to remember that various sets of images for the UK were taken at different times. I know, for example, that the piccies of Heathrow have been updated because a mysterious low-res chunk which was entertaining the conspiracy theorists has been replaced with high-res coverage and one of our Concordes is missing!

Yep some of it makes me laugh......

In my neck of the woods there is an area over which flying by helicopters and aircraft is strictly prohibited, in the past if you did so you would get at, first a warning from ATC, no-body ignored that so we often wondered what the next level would be.

Photographs in the area are also banned, if you are found with a camera it will be confiscated.

I had to develop some piccies of this area once for a Govt Contractor, all the time the media was in my posession a Prison Officer was with me!

All this to prevent the ability of making a map of the Prisons which would aid in any escape attempts.

Type into your local search bar, "Clissold Road" and Newport, Isle of Wight into the located in part and see if you can get any information to help somebody lol.

PS I used to live there but I don't anymore but that's a secret ;)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Yep some of it makes me laugh......

In my neck of the woods there is an area over which flying by helicopters and aircraft is strictly prohibited, in the past if you did so you would get at, first a warning from ATC, no-body ignored that so we often wondered what the next level would be.

Photographs in the area are also banned, if you are found with a camera it will be confiscated.

I had to develop some piccies of this area once for a Govt Contractor, all the time the media was in my posession a Prison Officer was with me!

All this to prevent the ability of making a map of the Prisons which would aid in any escape attempts.

Type into your local search bar, "Clissold Road" and Newport, Isle of Wight into the located in part and see if you can get any information to help somebody lol.

PS I used to live there but I don't anymore but that's a secret ;)

You used to be in prison? What for? I think Nurse Judy should be careful :unsure:

You used to be in prison? What for? I think Nurse Judy should be careful :unsure:

Yep, and my Father and Mother, In fact my Father was in Albany when my Mother met him.

All my Brother's and my Sister were there as well at one time or another, although being the youngest I was a toddler at the time and don't remember alot of it

:lock: