Deleting and closing threads.

Steve Coppolo

I can see why certain threads are closed, (although whether it achieves anything or not is debatable because usually another one just starts along the same lines), but the way they are closed is a bit disturbing sometimes.

I know the mods have a difficult job to do on this forum, trying to keep everything in order and above board. I wouldn't fancy having to do it. But surely the mods should remain impartial? There have been plenty of instances of threads being closed by Elton and most mods where it is a simple line drawn through it, which is how it should be. But sometimes Newt can impose his own views and opinions before closing the thread and I think that's what gets peoples backs up. It's like taking a parting shot then taking away the persons right of reply. It's a bit like a chairman at a meeting imposing his opinions on everyone attending and making sure that the meeting follows his own agenda. :huh::blink::mellow::unsure:;):yucky::angry:

I'm not saying the threads shouldn't be deleted or locked, just that maybe the mods should stay impartial?

If a mod feels it necessary to explain to certain people why he's pulled the plug, surely it could be done via PM? I dunno. Just a thought. :unsure:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Trouble is they are often limited in time and everybody often doesn't get to see the whole picture

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

hi steve thanks for the pm much appreciated, i think it might be time to sort out a proper conservation forum for anglers that do give a damn mate, and maybe that will get rid of the hypocrites and and those with double standards if you know what i mean ;);) imho they are a waste of space.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest Jan V
I'm not saying the threads shouldn't be deleted or locked, just that maybe the mods should stay impartial? If a mod feels it necessary to explain to certain people why he's pulled the plug, surely it could be done via PM? I dunno. Just a thought. :unsure:

Yeah, and if a PM is sent, others get to bitchin' about "why was the thread pulled?". Mods can't win, can they? At least not with certain malcontents.

i totaly agree

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest Ferret1959
I can see why certain threads are closed, (although whether it achieves anything or not is debatable because usually another one just starts along the same lines), but the way they are closed is a bit disturbing sometimes.

I know the mods have a difficult job to do on this forum, trying to keep everything in order and above board. I wouldn't fancy having to do it. But surely the mods should remain impartial? There have been plenty of instances of threads being closed by Elton and most mods where it is a simple line drawn through it, which is how it should be. But sometimes Newt can impose his own views and opinions before closing the thread and I think that's what gets peoples backs up. It's like taking a parting shot then taking away the persons right of reply. It's a bit like a chairman at a meeting imposing his opinions on everyone attending and making sure that the meeting follows his own agenda.

I'm not saying the threads shouldn't be deleted or locked, just that maybe the mods should stay impartial?

If a mod feels it necessary to explain to certain people why he's pulled the plug, surely it could be done via PM? I dunno. Just a thought. :unsure:

At the end of the day it's up to mods and admin, not you. :P:P

Some folk have been here 5 minutes and only a handfull of crap posts and want the place running thier way.

I say if you don't like it there's 100's of other forums you can use. :schmoll::schmoll:

At the end of the day it's up to mods and admin, not you. :P:P

Some folk have been here 5 minutes and only a handfull of crap posts and want the place running thier way.

I say if you don't like it there's 100's of other forums you can use. :schmoll::schmoll:

Not very friendly Ferret!

Still, at least I've only posted a handful of crap posts. It must take a lot of effort to post the 7,000 odd that you've managed.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest Ferret1959
Not very friendly Ferret!

Still, at least I've only posted a handful of crap posts. It must take a lot of effort to post the 7,000 odd that you've managed.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

See you take things far to personally, did I say your posts were crap?

You obviously think so. :yeah::yeah::yeah:

And for my 7,000 odd it was easy. :thumbs:

Oh and should I have been friendly in my post?

Not up to you is it? :yucky::yucky::yucky:

Edited by Ferret1959

Sometimes they are, Steve, and then we get half a dozen "Why was that thread locked?" posts spawning from people who have no business asking why. :D

Either way is flawed - the mods and I just do what we feel appropriate at the time. Often, it's done in haste, which is a side effect of us all having full time jobs to do, too. 'Nipping it in the bud' may seem harsh at times, but it may be that we're having to rely on past experience and gut instinct at that particular time.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE