Fox reels...

Andy Macfarlane

I was looking round another forum and I found this reel. It looks just like an Okuma Dyno-Drug or an Interceptornator, without the metallic blue finish.

Of course we know that no-one would dare to copy reels of such 'low' quality, so it must be an Okuma, but wait a minute!! This 'Okuma' carries a R.R.P. of......wait for it!.......£129.99!!!!!

Have Okuma gone mad? No of course they haven't silly. They've started making reels for the cheeky Fox. They've given it the catchy name "Starvus" because you'll have no money left to feed your children after purchasing one.

I'll let you decide for yourselves. Is this an exceptional reel, worth every penny of the suggested price, or is it just an Okuma, coloured in with silver crayon.

An Interceptor....

ron-thompson-okuma-interceptor-baitfeeder.jpg

The Dynadrag....

rt-okuma-dynadrag.jpg

The Fox Stratos....

Stratos2SFW.jpg

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm led to believe that Fox have their own overseas production and that the particular reel you're referring to was developed over a few years by a very well known carp angler.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm led to believe

We're led to believe many things..... :(

Unfortunately, we can't believe everything we're told and that's why I read the Sun.... :rolleyes:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The Fox lovers (bless em) will buy them regardless. Then there will be a flood of second hand ones on the market when the "new" camo version is launched. :rolleyes:

The Fox lovers (bless em) will buy them regardless. Then there will be a flood of second hand ones on the market when the "new" camo version is launched. :rolleyes:

Nice reel the Interceptor. Probably the best in its price range (which isn't £129)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

................................................................................

Pay Fox International the sum/ of/ five hundred and ninteen pounds

and 96p only-------------------/---/

................................................................................

.A J BURGESS

I can see the check now Gerry! :P:rolleyes:

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Pay Fox International the sum/ of/ five hundred and ninteen pounds

and 96p only-------------------/---/

.A J BURGESS

I can see the check now Gerry! :P:rolleyes:

Nice one Budgie but you forget one thing! I don't like double handle reels!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

The sad thing is that a number of dedicated carpers, who wouldn't be seen dead with an Okuma reel, will fall for all the laughable hype.

Fox may well have a production line dedicated to producing their reels, it may well have the blessing of a well known carper, for a small consideration, but what will be the name be over the factory gates?

The sad thing is that a number of dedicated carpers, who wouldn't be seen dead with an Okuma reel, will fall for all the laughable hype.

Fox may well have a production line dedicated to producing their reels, it may well have the blessing of a well known carper, for a small consideration, but what will be the name be over the factory gates?

Fox

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I very much doubt if Fox are making these reels themselves. Most of these Tacle 'manufacturers'/dealers buy in gear from all over the place. It is known as 'Sourcing'.

Here is an example of a far eastern contact site asking for tenders from all over the world:

http://importer.alibaba.com/buyeroffers/Fishing_Tackle.html

The cost of setting up an independent manufacturing company would be vast.

Perhaps someone could post a link to the factory where these are made.