Dingle.....pic of Sidekick.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bill, where doe,s one fit the 5.5 pom pom gun with auto loaded :):) . It just looks all so heavy with all that kit on board, maybe I am just getting old, but like things nice and light.

Good link thoe Bill.

terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

you're all older than me I'm still a junior member!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Cheers Bill,

Thanks for the link.. There is precious little in the way of rigged sidekicks (maybe trying to tell me something!?!!) perhaps I'll be the first in the UK.....Though I doubt it somehow.

Looking at the rigged one though it seems as though the chap/chapess uses the scuppers to support the rod holders etc. Now aren't these potential weak spots? so I am a bit reluctant to start using these.

I figure if I remove the 6" hatch I should be able to reach past the cup holder to mount the ram rocket launcher style holder.

I have also been in touch with HOOK 1 regarding the holder and they advise me to use the rivets. The ones that when pulled up have three legs that grip. Any of you tried these and any good?

Thing is after a few outings with just a cooler bungeed to the back, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and drill some holes in her to rig it out properly so while I am at I may as well fit a decent fish finder. (Is this how it starts?) This will probably be fitted on the tunnel also.

One quickie though what batteries do the fish finders use?

As for the Kayak though as they are designed to take a little one up front it is an ideal "top of deck" storage space and they don't half feel stable when out 'n' about.

Dingle

Hi Dingle,

Was toying with the Sidekick before I decided on the Malibu 2 XL, it's got a nice seating arrangement with the youngster sitting facing you. Was interested in the Cobra Fish'N'Dive a few years ago for the very same reason.

As for batteries for a fishfinder, will depend a little on whether you choose B/W or Colour display, for a B/W unit a 3.3ah battery will be fine for several days fishing, if you go down the colour route and want a similar sort of longevity then it would be worth looking at a 7.2ah, the 7.2ah is quite a bit heavier than the 3.3 ah.

Bought my battery from Maplin and bought a charger at the same time, the charger matches the battery which is a pain if you get a Colour display later on and decide on a bigger battery.

I have just received a Humminbird 141c unit for the Malibu 2 project and will let you know how the 3.3 ah battery lasts with the colour display.

More details and picture of the battery at :

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_Fishfinder.htm

Sorry it not a very clear picture of the battery, but might give you an idea of size.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Dingle,

Was toying with the Sidekick before I decided on the Malibu 2 XL, it's got a nice seating arrangement with the youngster sitting facing you. Was interested in the Cobra Fish'N'Dive a few years ago for the very same reason.

As for batteries for a fishfinder, will depend a little on whether you choose B/W or Colour display, for a B/W unit a 3.3ah battery will be fine for several days fishing, if you go down the colour route and want a similar sort of longevity then it would be worth looking at a 7.2ah, the 7.2ah is quite a bit heavier than the 3.3 ah.

Bought my battery from Maplin and bought a charger at the same time, the charger matches the battery which is a pain if you get a Colour display later on and decide on a bigger battery.

I have just received a Humminbird 141c unit for the Malibu 2 project and will let you know how the 3.3 ah battery lasts with the colour display.

More details and picture of the battery at :

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_Fishfinder.htm

Sorry it not a very clear picture of the battery, but might give you an idea of size.

SM :)

Hmmm.... just bought 10ah battery for the colour ff/gps - perhaps I'll fit a kettle and trolling motor to use up all that extra.

and start weight training.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

I said 8! :D

Well it will atleast act as ballast

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi SM,

One thing with the fish finders.... is the power lead seperate from the transducer cable. I don't mind fitting the transducer but would prefer to have the battery above deck for obvious reasons. The tuperware idea looks good though.

dingle

DIngle dont worry about the battery below deck its often drier there than up top. Like SM shows just put it in a container.

Usually the power lead is part of a wiring loom that links the tranducer -unit-battery.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)