This weekend

Zzippy

Jeez.... that must be pretty hard to take.... no idea where you go from here after all you've been through..... although I think if I were in your position my cash would be going somewhere else.... you've been more than patient.

Makes you wonder though about the testing. What does pressurising it with air and submerging tell you......that it does not have a hole in it at that time. But it doesn't tell you if there is a thin or weak spot that will fail once you stress the hull a bit like shipping it around the world will do :(

Sounds like they still have a manufacturing problem, and they need a better QC process........ not good.

Edited by spanner

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a perception which Simon Kindly leant me to try out.The build looks alot better and feels stronger.But it looks like the downsides are the Hatch is too small and the rear tankwell is very small.

I will try it out on Monday.

Simon has been on the phone to Andy allready.Andy is not happy at all.

I have been reading alot on this site.

http://kfs.infopop.cc/groupee/forums

And looks like the problems in the US with the Prowlers have been going on for years now.Looks like their Moto is....As long as they are selling there is no need for modifications.

I did put a post on the American forums a few weeks back and looks like they are told to just repair it themselves with Silicone sealent.

I think I will end up trying a scupa pro if I can get hold of one.

But I must say the p15 looks like the right fishing Kayak for me.Just shame about the build quality.It looks like they are trying to produce them way to quick.Surely they must be getting about 75% returns.

Any body else that got their new Prowlers the last few days water tested them yet?????

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Just got a perception which Simon Kindly leant me to try out.The build looks alot better and feels stronger.But it looks like the downsides are the Hatch is too small and the rear tankwell is very small.

I will try it out on Monday.

Simon has been on the phone to Andy allready.Andy is not happy at all.

I have been reading alot on this site.

http://kfs.infopop.cc/groupee/forums

And looks like the problems in the US with the Prowlers have been going on for years now.Looks like their Moto is....As long as they are selling there is no need for modifications.

I did put a post on the American forums a few weeks back and looks like they are told to just repair it themselves with Silicone sealent.

I think I will end up trying a scupa pro if I can get hold of one.

But I must say the p15 looks like the right fishing Kayak for me.Just shame about the build quality.It looks like they are trying to produce them way to quick.Surely they must be getting about 75% returns.

Any body else that got their new Prowlers the last few days water tested them yet?????

Zzippy

Hi Zzippy

Sorry to hear about your P15 being a bad-un. You gotta persevere and speak with Andy Dron at OK.

I'm on my 5th Prowler!! Must be a record. Initially got a dodgy P13 from Kayaks n Paddles, Plymouth, last summer. On my virgin voyage down the River Dart, I was forced to land ashore several times and drain the thing. Ah that sinking feeling. :wallbash:

My luck went from bad to worse. Andy really helped out and was most apoligetic about the whole saga. To cut a long story short (and resist the temptation to bad mouth certain aspects of the Plymouth outlet), 3 P13s and 2 P15s later, I'm a happy guy. The P15 is superb. Having been out in a variety of weather conditions, it feels very good and is a joy to be in/on.

Hope your troubles are resolved soon and you manage to get out there and do the biz.

Martin

That's a bummer, :(

Makes you wonder though about the testing. What does pressurising it with air and submerging tell you......that it does not have a hole in it at that time. But it doesn't tell you if there is a thin or weak spot that will fail once you stress the hull a bit like shipping it around the world will do

I brought this up with Andy in an earlier thread, I have my doubts. I can't see how they can pressure test

the finished article. The front hatch is not water tight let alone air tight. I have a new model that is water tight but if you shine a light up through the scuppers you can see pin point areas where the plastic is very thin. :unsure:

I hope you get some resolve soon.

Neil.

Hi Zzippy

Sorry to hear about your P15 being a bad-un. You gotta persevere and speak with Andy Dron at OK.

I'm on my 5th Prowler!! Must be a record. Initially got a dodgy P13 from Kayaks n Paddles, Plymouth, last summer. On my virgin voyage down the River Dart, I was forced to land ashore several times and drain the thing. Ah that sinking feeling. :wallbash:

My luck went from bad to worse. Andy really helped out and was most apoligetic about the whole saga. To cut a long story short (and resist the temptation to bad mouth certain aspects of the Plymouth outlet), 3 P13s and 2 P15s later, I'm a happy guy. The P15 is superb. Having been out in a variety of weather conditions, it feels very good and is a joy to be in/on.

Hope your troubles are resolved soon and you manage to get out there and do the biz.

Martin

Hiya Martin.

This is my 3rd p15 in 5 weeks.I am just waiting for someone to buy one and you will see them on the front page of the news paper.

Its just lucky nobody has been miles out to sea and sprung a leak.Its going to happen though.

Andy is doing as much as he can his end.The fault lies with the manufactors,When it comes down to it,OK are not checking their products b4 they leave.Imho its just a load of bull when they say they are all QC checked.

Its a shame though,as I find it an excellent fishing platform with loads of storage space.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hi

my Yellow Prowler 15 arrived last wednesday afternoon in Saint-Malo with 6 weeks delivery delay,

I left home early thursday morning for Africa where I work in oil industry, I didn't see my new kayak,

I apprehend my return in 6 weeks and the pressure test which I must make,

it's a shame to have as much problems of this kind, I'm really soory for you Zzippy

Dominic

Very sad news Zzippy, hope that it resolves itself soon and you can get out on the water, you to Speciman.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: F--ing disgrace

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi dominic.

Hopefully you will have a good one.All ready for you to fish from on your return.You could do with a good break after that long at work.

Hi Starvin.

Yes hopefully all will be resolved soon.I am going to try the Perception on Monday.It looks a sound Kayak.But doesnt look like much storage space on it though,plus hatches are a bit small.

But my heart is set on a p15,If I cant get one that has not got a self cooling system then a Scupa pro is my second choice.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif