packing spools

Phil Adams

Hi all,

I've got a spool for a reel that takes alot more line than I'll ever need. Can someone advise me on the best way to pack the spool out so that I dont have to fill the entire spool with new mono each time?

The spool takes:

Dia (mm) 0.25-190m, 0.28-155m

Lb (m) 6-190m, 8-155m

Looking at some of the current new mono's, 4lb test is an average of 0.015mm dia for the match type lines.

Any help?

use some of the old line as backing or even string

do not use any form of sellotape as over a season or more it will run glue wise and bugger it all up[personal experience]

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Hi all,

I've got a spool for a reel that takes alot more line than I'll ever need. Can someone advise me on the best way to pack the spool out so that I dont have to fill the entire spool with new mono each time?

The spool takes:

Lb (m) 6-190m, 8-155m

Looking at some of the current new mono's, 4lb test is an average of 0.015mm dia for the match type lines.

Any help?

Whenever I go to the coast on holiday I always call in to the local fishing shop and grab a cheap spool of sea fishing line in 20lb strain. Its only cheap at about £2-£3 for a bulk spool. I know this will not help you now, but its one to remember when you go on holiday again.

If I haven't got any of this I will do as already mentioned and use old line or wool.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Thanks all.

Ive used some old 12lb fox soft steel, I spooled up with 100m of 4lb matchteam, then filled with 12lb backing right to the lip. Then I reversed it using another spool lol so now it holds 100m of fine 4lb line!

Thanks again

You'd be surprised how many folk have missed that trick Phil. It's a handy tip, especially when using braid.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest rabbit
Thanks all.

Ive used some old 12lb fox soft steel, I spooled up with 100m of 4lb matchteam, then filled with 12lb backing right to the lip. Then I reversed it using another spool lol so now it holds 100m of fine 4lb line!

Thanks again

Doh!!!! Thanks a lot that's a top tip :)

Hi all,

The spool takes:

Lb (m) 6-190m, 8-155m

Any help?

try fly backing line its a braided line and you can get it in various sizs ie 20 to 30 pound should be ok regards Ken

Thanks all.

Thanks again

i came in here to mention that, but was beaten to it, yep its the only way to fill a spool accurately.. well done.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image