SFSA

Ian Burrett

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we just leave it now? and have some desent fishing chat.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Well said Ian.

Gents - AnglersNet has no problems with links to other sites when they have something to add to a thread.

However, details of fights on other forums have no place here any more than fights held here would.

None of the mods here want to over-moderate the forum. It tends to make things a little boring. But we tend to get a bit more active when things start turning nasty in several threads as has happened this evening.

This toolbar shows up at the bottom of each topic and a click of the leftmost or rightmost icons is a quick cure.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

After a strong hint from Davy Holt, an SFSA officer has asked on their Forum; What can we do to promote conservation?

http://www.fishscotland.co.uk/forum/topic....asp?TOPIC_ID=45

This is a serious attempt to modernise, which we should be thankful for.

Why not put your views politely? Remember the SACN and Save our Shark are going to be working with them.

[ 02. September 2005, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Ian Burrett ]

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

An interesting thread, as is its counterpart over on the Federation site.

Feelings obviously run deep on the subject of The SFSA itself and its lack of leadership in the promotion of conservation. A lot of great ideas have been put foreward, none more so than the alliance of SFSA and SACN. Knowing Barry Scholes (Bazza) as I do, I'm sure he'll take these concerns/suggestions foreward.

However, a word of caution - he cant be expected to champion change on his own. He will be but one voice in a room of generally cynical, rather self interested "match" anglers, for whom conservation issues matter little.

I'd suggest that everyone should be putting pressure on The Federation, either by writing to the chairman, or by going along to Region meetings, or through our affiliated clubs.

We dont want lip service paid to this.