Worbarrow Bay

richi

post-7370-1144617751_thumb.jpgPre- paddle briefing---------------more pics to follow

post-7370-1144617879_thumb.jpgDarnsarf and Phooey targetting Wrasse at the Tout

post-7370-1144617989_thumb.jpgand I didn't blank

post-7370-1144618132_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1144618080_thumb.jpgwhat a day we all had

post-7370-1144618207_thumb.jpgThanks guys for a great day out at a beautiful place to yakfish :thumbs::clap::clap:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pic,s and what a great place, can you tell me where this place is, ie how does one get to it from exmouth, it looks just a great place for kayaking. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Well done guys. Phooey's got the yak fishing bug me thinks.. 3 trips in 3days?

Hi Richi - was that a bull huss or a LSD?

Hi Terry

Worbarrow is here:

You need to head to Tyneham Village. As its part of a military controlled area where they have live firing you need to check beforehand if you can get access to the Village and the Bay. Most weekends & during the summer holidays it's open to the public.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Great pic,s and what a great place, can you tell me where this place is, ie how does one get to it from exmouth, it looks just a great place for kayaking. terry
Darnsarf is more qualified to explain where it is Terry I'm sure he'll be online soon-great place for Kayaking yes, two wrecks and a multitude of other good marks to fish----we fished where we were thinking of having the Devon/Dorset meet on May bank holiday although since today we are thinking of a Lulworth Cove launch for the meet because of the murderous walk back to the car park from where we launched today.....Hi Speciman ---I'm not sure whether it was a Huss or a Doggie but I think it was pretty stupid because I'm sure Phooey caught the same one a few minutes later!I've caught crabs that have put up a better fight though! You're right about Phooey! if they were handing out medals for keenness he would win the gold! Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Glad you all had a good time, sorry I was grounded, spent too long yesterday messing about with the Tarpon and not playing with the kids.

Did manage to get out and play for 4 hours at Hayling, sadly couldn't get hold of any Rag, so with a pack of rag and squid I went for a play, knowing that nothing would come of it.... nothing came of it :D

That sure is a lovely spot, can't wait to get down there when it warms up a bit and the fish start playing properly.

Oh meant to say, think that Paiges at Hayling could be the first Fishing Tackle shop to sell kayaks, he's got a Perception Caster in the Window, walked straight past it on Saturday, managed to catch my eye today though.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Well, what a weekend :D

Richi took me out in some interesting waves on Saturday, lovely location, decent weather considering but too rough to fish his chosen venue. 2 days running sod all fish -but who cares when the paddling is this good.

Twas a pleasure to meet Speciman - ppl off this forum are EVERYWHERE ! Hope you will feel up to leaving that MASSIVE camera at home and bringing a boat instead next time :D

Have to say it was a great place to launch from - especially compared to today - lol. Maybe if we'd had some sandeels for bait we could have bribed the gatekeeper for next time. ( Richi uses mackerel but as we blanked....)

Going to fish that one when the weather permits and boat me a Conger - Yeah !

Today was great . No that doesn't do it justice, today was excellent. Warbarrow has so many possibilities....Rocks, Wrecks, Depth, Rocky channels, Sheltered areas....very scenic to boot.

Big thanks Richi and Darnsarf for babysitting me - I know sod all at the moment other than I LOVE this yakfishinglark and its a priviledge to have such experience and enthusiasm to draw on.

Ta for the beer Paul, ( I was celebrating my 2nd fish - Sea - off a yak and the end of the drought ;) )

BTW Richi - you crack me up !

SM - next time. Hows the Tarpon - I found is well put together but a trifle unwieldy compared to the P13.

Why do I feel like the ground is moving .......?

Edited by phooey

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Well done guys. Phooey's got the yak fishing bug me thinks.. 3 trips in 3days?

Hi Richi - was that a bull huss or a LSD?

Hi Terry

Worbarrow is here:

You need to head to Tyneham Village. As its part of a military controlled area where they have live firing you need to check beforehand if you can get access to the Village and the Bay. Most weekends & during the summer holidays it's open to the public.

post-7370-1144624220_thumb.jpgmaybe this pic tells you more SpecimanGlad you got home safe Phooey you must be knackered mate!. :clap:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Lads, please let me know next time you are going, its not to bad a drive and just looks so good. glad you had a great time, and I need to buy someone a beer :):) . terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Lads, please let me know next time you are going, its not to bad a drive and just looks so good. glad you had a great time, and I need to buy someone a beer :):) . terry
Only if you promise to wear a silly hat Terry :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5