rod licence question

deanbmw

Just took my 14 year old son to get his licence before dropping him at the fishery.

so he went into get it and was refused because he didnt have his birth cert on him so i went in and asked and i was told he could have a day licence but not a full?

is this normal as i usualy get his with mine from another post office, no questions asked.

so its cost him £3 odd for the day and now has still to buy a full licence £5.

Edited by deanbmw

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean

I think the PO has it wrong. They need the date of bith to put on the licence. They do not have to see proof of that date. The offence is between the angler and the EA, if the date of birth is wringly given. No wonder the PO is losing so much business when they can't even get that right.

Mike

Join the SAA today for only £10.00 and help defend angling.

That's ridiculous. As far as I know, there isn't even any requirement that the licence is for the person purchasing it. I think I've picked someone else's licence up from the post office for them before now.

With great ceremony I took my 12 year old into the Post Office to buy his first licence! :yeah:

I simply asked the cashier "Could I have a rod licence for my son please?"

I handed over my new licence and informed the cashier his address was the same as mine.

A few questions followed, ie name, date of birth etc.

2 minutes later my son had his first rod licence in his hand, no fuss, no bother.

I think the person who served you was very misinformed, a birth certificate is NOT required when purchasing a rod licence. If it is your local I would take issue over it. They were very wrong! :angry:

ive just emailed the EA on this matter it wiil be interesting to here what thay say.

I wonder how many kids are going to this post office and beening refused licences and going fishing without licences, and risk getting caught through no fault of there own. Kids dont mind paying £5 for the full licence but wont pay £3 .70 for the day.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

If you buy a day licence does the price get subtracted from the price you pay if you later buy a year licence for the same season?

not on your nelly

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com