Abu 7000 level wind

Alan Taylor

Hi all,

I want to take my level wind off. I know how to do it but need a bar to replace it. I have seen that it is possible to distort a reel when under extreem pressure so think a bar would give more strength to the frame.

Does anyone know where I can buy a spare bar from?

Cheers.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

chris parker:

Have you tried taking the gear and worm drive out, the levelwind traveller off and leaving the original bar in place Alan ?

There is a guy in Liverpool who custom makes these to order, if the above doesn't work give me a shout and I will pass on his details.

Thanks Chris, will give it a try and let you know.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I doon't (St Andrew's Day) like giving oot (St.A) phone and addresses on the Internet, soo email me at

adrian.farley2.@btopenworld.com

I have Pete's address and I will find his phone number ...... he's the best .....

de-levelwined 2 x Abba 5s and returned in 4 days for £14 .... that were a while ago, so check if you need to ....

• 9 months later...

Alan, just stumbled across this topic from a while back and just wondered how you got on removing the level wind??? wouldn't mind doing the same thing to mine. Chers :confused:

[ 28. September 2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Scotty T ]

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time