dodgy XP problem and Linux

Guest NickInTheNorth

Guest Jan V

Newt, so why does my supposed valid copy of MS Office XP Pro give me this:

clear.gifclear.gifMicrosoft Office FrontPage 2003clear.gifThe product(s) listed above completed validation. However, as a result of the failed or incomplete validation(s) listed below, this computer is not eligible for the benefits of genuine Office. Remove the application(s) that failed or could not complete validation and run the validation tool again.

clear.gifclear.gif[0x8018114]icon_failure.gifMicrosoft Office Professional Edition 2003: Validation FailedThe product key used to install Office has been blocked by Microsoft.clear.gifclear.gif

clear.gifclear.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NickInTheNorth
Tell you what I have been looking for nick..

Have you heard of any photo software that automatically re-names a load of photos at the click of the button? Fujifilm software doesn't work on linux :(

GNOME Commander

would do the job, a file manager which incudes some good rename options. It ain't a photo tool, but that's what gimp is for :)

What about Windows designated programmes ?? Photoshop/Camera Software/ Printer Progs ?

Can these be run in Linux ????

Photoshop - use GIMP in linux (there are probably others I haven't even looked yet!)

Camera software - many cameras will connect without additional software - what camera you got?

Printer progs - mostly no problem what printer?

Hi Nick ...

Camera ... Canon EOS 20D Digital.

Printer ... Epson Stylus Photo RX520.

Wiggly.

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Guest NickInTheNorth
Hi Nick ...

Camera ... Canon EOS 20D Digital.

Printer ... Epson Stylus Photo RX520.

Wiggly.

stuff here about the Canon EOS 20D using dcDraw v6.2

Epson Stylus Photo RX520 driver avaiable from here just one word of caution, it would only appear to work with 32bit systems

Hope this helps

GNOME Commander

would do the job, a file manager which incudes some good rename options. It ain't a photo tool, but that's what gimp is for :)

That's brillaint! Cheers nick :thumbs: that'll do just the job. Will boot up the lappy and install that.

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Guest Jan V
for anyone that would use linux but can't because they need photoshop and it's plugins there's an interesting article here:

http://librenix.com/?inode=8661

on using GIMP with photoshop plugins!

Paid a fortune on some apps that run on Windows so don't see changes any time soon. Oh, and Newt is a diehard MS fan so that would impact the decision making process.

As to the "bad" version of Office XP on my PC, hisself didn't realize he loaded a copy with a bad license when I got my new PC. To be corrected soon.

Edited by Jan V

For anybody using GNOME Commander > it does do a lot, but it didn't really do what I wanted it to do (rename a load of files and put them in number order with an event). But using a shell (like bach files on Windows) you can make a code up that will do it all for you. Needs a bit of experience using shell & bach, but its not hard once you've set it up, then you can just type a command and it'll do it all for ya :):thumbs:

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D