My Version of Scrabster 2

tuggs

well i suppose i am going to start the ball rolling :D

Thursday 24th March saw Lee, Rose and Shaun arrive and we settled down to a night of hilarity with young shaun managing to get some seriously sillily hot chilli sauce in his eyes .... the pics of which have already been posted.

Friday 25th March saw everyone else arrive during the day at verious times, the last of which was david w as we were..... you guessed it, in the pub !

we didn't really have as calmer friday night as we should i suppose though i was snoring by 10pm but others who were staying at the hotel and here were out partying until about 3am from what i have been told.

yes, ok, this is the bit you want to know...

saturday 26th march :D

after forgetting to set my alarm clock i got the rest of the house up at 6.30 so we could go and feed the pigs before our day out. we got down to the boat by about 8:50am to find we were not all that far behind everyone else, some of whom were looking a little worse for wear still

we sailed out of the harbour about 9:30 and off we went to dunnet head. spirits were high and almost everyone was set up with their kit before we got to our first drift. it was a bit of a slow start but things soon picked up, we were pulling in codling and ling at the front of the boat, but us at the back didn't have nowt yet. humph. oh well. off somewhere else. we soon managed to be catching all around the boat and laughter was going round too, we were having a good time, the sea was calm, the temp was mild and the company was great.

we had an excellent days fishing, all in all we reckon we topped the 500 fish mark with cod, ling, coley and of course, the obligatory numpty fish (this time it was Sandtiger who had a nice bend in his rod and as Les was stood next t o him with the gaff at the ready turned round and said "it's putting in a bit of a fight this one" and five minutes later landed this.....

Posted Image

of course after the trip the pub was the first order of the day and some carried on partying again until about 3 am again.

Sunday 27th March saw norrie, YFN, shaun and david w go off to do a bit of shore fishing during the day, their catch included flounder, dab, plaice, turbot and sea trout. sunday night lee, yfn, shaun went fishing off the rocks to try for some conger, though they didn't blank they only had a rockling, but they are convinced that the conger are there ( i wont be going paddling there again!)

today everyone went home, have heard from them all to say they are home safe,

Thank you all for another great weekend, Next one in April?

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great report Tuggs, suppose I should do mine but there is one bit that I won't put in... (on the boat, before the hand wash :P ).

April sounds good to me, I have some free time :D

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Paula,

Why does that cod look shocked...

Thanks again for the weekend, had a fantastic time and it was great to meet you (all).

[ 28. March 2005, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: David.W ]

ok ok ok, so i felt my finger disappear where maybe it shouldn't have ! :rolleyes: ha ha ha.

i did no groundbaiting at all tack :D i was so pleased with myself. Personal best of my cod and personal best of not puking :D

David, the rock is still where we put it as far as i know shaun was well too rough this afternoon to think about it and is still suffering now apparently :P

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

Oh, I'll be back, I want to try and beet Shaun's species count

Don't know if the hotel will let me back though, the room had a distinct smell of fish as I left.