Pish of the week

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

A few years back a guy from Paisley won it with a 20lb Salmon that had claimed he had caught on rod and line from the River White cart. However a couple of weeks earlier the "Story" was published in the Paisley Express where they guy told of how he found the Salmon lying dead in the shallows at the side of a pool.

I know a few people complained to the Record and they revoked the award.

Also a couple of weeks ago they had a winner with a new shore "Record" Black Bream which was really clever considering the fish was actually a Ray's Bream and was easily recognisable from the photo.

As for that being a 50lb Pike...... aye right

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

whats that line under the fish? has he gutted it?

NO that's ware he stuffed the 20lbs of lead to get the scales up to 50lbs

I've seen a 40lbs pike in Canada it was a lot bigger than that one by at least a foot in length and about half again in girth

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Bloomin eck Fudgey is that a Loch Lommond record Ruffe!

Its actually an unofficial Scottish record Budgie. It can not be claimed though as (you ready for this) all record claims must be returned alive, but all Ruffe caught must be killed. Why they cant allow Ruffe to be claimed dead is beyond me. It weighed 4.22 oz. The british record is just over 5oz I believe. It wasnt caught im Lomond Budgie, it was caught from a river in SW Scotland.

Edited by Mc Fudge