snatcher's week in june

tack4

I was groundbaiting the harbour last summer for a number of days and managed a couple. If you stand on the Pagham as soon as the tide starts to flood you'll see some good big fish coming in.

Ground bait was four loaves put through the wife's food processor mixed with tins of fishy cat food and plenty of Pilchard oil. It takes a day or two to get them really interested, so you can feed and forget the first few days

The mullet always seem to like the area along side the Kittewake, put your grounbait under the patches of weed in the gulley running up there and feed a bit more as the tide starts to come up.

Tackle was the smallest bubble float I've got bout the size of big grape, six pound flouro and a size ten grub style trout hook.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few people who claimed to have caught or seen gars taken off the mull. It does seem highly feasible that they could be there but perhaps people are not fishing in the correct manner for them. For example groundbaiting and then floatfishing in the top 6ft of the water etc. Ok snatcher since you can't put me on to a gar I'll just be pedantic and ask for a black bream :P seriously!!

Not settle for a 5lb wrasse or a 10lb bass on a popper instead,or even a tope from the shore?

There is no pleasing some folk!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

saint_1877:

I know a few people who claimed to have caught or seen gars taken off the mull. It does seem highly feasible that they could be there but perhaps people are not fishing in the correct manner for them. For example groundbaiting and then floatfishing in the top 6ft of the water etc. Ok snatcher since you can't put me on to a gar I'll just be pedantic and ask for a black bream   :P   seriously!!

Hi Saint

I accept what your saying about fishing the top 6 ft, but if there had been plenty about then I'd have thought, we would have picked the odd one up on feathers, when looking for mackerel.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Ian I'm not saying there are plenty about maybe just the odd few. I have never had a serious go for them as of yet but this year I will be putting in a few hours around the Isle of Whithorn as they are rumoured to have been caught off there aswell. Are there any marks that you think would throw up a bream from the shore?

Snatcher I have had a few 5lb ballans just down the road from me, so its a no to that one. Never mind a 10lb bass, any bass would suffice!! Any mark that produces a decent variety of species would suit me. I have heard Jock's point mentioned for quite a few species but I ain't had that much variety off there....mind you I've only fished it twice!

Hello Bill long time no see.Did your caravan survive the storms ok?

My first weekend back up is March 11/12/13 - will you be around. Have some new sandeels/lures for you to try out. Shall we meet in the Ship again?

Nice plan!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hi Snatcher

I've not been down to Drummore to check it myself but my mate Steve called in at the weekend and reckons it's still hanging together.

Early March in Drummore!!! You'll need to de-frost the propane.

You never know though. I'll need to get down soon and replace my decking with something that will take my weight.

Where can I buy cheap girders???????

Cheers

You are still in my mobile,will give you a bell when I set off to the van. Lets have us a good Mull of Galloway season mate.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair