Heads Up Peeps !

MrWiggly

Hi Folks ... :D

My BT Broadband went down 4 days ago, and I am writing this from an internet cafe.

I obviously cannot be on here at 12pm tonight to close down the August Comp, nor start the Sept one.

BT say they will have an engineer checking my broadband out within the next couple of days ... if I'm lucky !!

I'll straighten everything up when I return ...

Cheers .. Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Hope they can sort things out as soon as poss for you mate....i know what its like when things like that happen....was off line for a while myself a little while back and took some getting sorted...but then again that was more of a comp thing and not server so im sure you will be back on within the next few days.

Think maybe there is room for another mod for the photography part of the forum?....not to take over yourself mr wiggly but just to watch over the place when things like this happen.

hope to see you back soon

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

there are always the mods to alert if there is anything amiss me thinks

Im sure there was more then one mod looking over the photography section when it started??

plus if you look back to previous comps when mr wiggly was not around due to falling ill things have taken more time to get to voting stage, new comps opened up in threads later then normal and certain threads were left for comments to be made on before they should of been.....not saying its anyones fault but im sure the mods of the other sections are not clued up on what happens in the comps....? like when they should be closed...or opened for comments...even down to the checking of exif data or setting the entry infomation for each pic is nice and tidy like mr wiggly does a fantasic job of :D I always notice he tidys mine up.

Anyway was just a thought.....i just felt it would help mr wiggly out in the future if his not around to keep the section in full order for his return....and thought that maybe a person(mod) that spends alot of time in the photography section would be better to sort things out then one that doesnt really have much interest in this part of the forum?

Update ...

BT engineer checked out whole system this morning, and announced that my BT Home Hub is crackered !! :o:o

That's the third one in 18 months !! :angry:

Awaiting yet another replacement ...

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

No good having a cracked hub hey! Hmm, whats a hub? :huh:

Here you go Mike,

http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/homehub.html#what

The other week we had a massive flash of lightning right over the house, then lost internet connection. After trying everything else, I found out it had 'fried' my modem!

Tiscali sent one out and we were up and running within 3 days of finding what the problem was.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

take your point ,but I seem to remember that there was only Steve when this forum started,but if there any problems if Mr Wiggly is not around then John S is the mod to go for

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Personally im not sticking my hand up to be a mod i just thought that if there was a mod that uses the photography part of the forum and knows how things work then they could maybe keep the place up and running in the future when/if mr wiggly is away....pref without having to be asked to pop in and sort things out.....was just a thought to maybe help the section run smoothly.

Maybe if steve randels is not around anymore then the we could put john s name on the subsection for photography instead of steves?....thats if he doesnt mind looking over things? As when mr wiggly isnt about then at least we know who we can call upon with any queries regarding this section.

Sorry to butt in and maybe it was a silly idea to mention a extra mod...but hey ho....was just a thought....back to taking pics and keeping quiet for me i think....im not one for all this typing....lol

Cheers and hope they can sort that broken hub out for you soon wiggly.