Erm...an idea...a calender thingy?

gonefishing

just wondered, don't know if its possible or if theres someone here with the expertise but here goes...

how about a calender thingy?..i'll try and explain it better. I tend to look at the strong tides around weekends, put a pin in the map and hope for good weather...so it means that i tend to know/think about going fishing one or two weeks ahead.

Now if we had like a calender, we could perhaps post when we were going, and lo and behold we may find someone here going locally the same time or a day either side and perhaps could do a small meet...if you dont feel like company, you dont need to post on the calender. Also people could then look members up and PM them for a more up to date report if theyre visiting just afterwards. If you really wanted to be flash you could even put a link to a multimap OS map so people could see new spots or where people go locally.

Just an idea...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thought and if it were used, it would be great fun and more than a little helpful.

Ideal, I think, would be a page where you could post your plans in as much detail as you wanted and your username & location-to-fish would automatically feed to a calendar page that gave a recap of where folks planned to fish. All the calendar would need would be your username, the date, the approximate location, and shore vs. boat.

I'll look around for some ready-made software that looks like it might do the job and maybe Elton would be willing to spare the web space to give it a try. Hmmmmm.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Good Idea

A Map of the Areas with a Flag Flapping.

Click on the Flag.

This would then take you into an info page of what you have entered ie, where and when you intend to fish.

The flag would only appear on the map after your info has been entered.

Where ever you fancy fishing.

Anyone could then look at any flag to see who is going to be there, times, tides and weather conditions. You could enter as much info as you need or know of that venue.

No flags, no one is fishing.

The flag would be removed when that date or time has lapsed.

Any other ideas!!! :confused:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

OK - some possibles listed below. I think a good way to find out if there is any real interest would be to ask folks who like the idea to try one or more of the free versions and offer suggestions, opinions, etc.

1. http://www.contactplus.com/products/webcal...webcalendar.htm

2. http://www.brownbearsw.com/ical/icalpage.html

3. http://www.greathill.com/default.aspx?pg=P...e=Calweb+Server

4. http://www.calendars.fsnet.co.uk/

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I like the idea, am no great computer techy but i can add a page onto my homepage so anyone can email me details of planned trips up here or they could use the guest book i already have up if that is of any use?

Hi Paula.

Very Good.

I've placed an event on the Corkboard. Hopefully it won't be long before others are using it.

If you've used or tried to use Paula's corkboard and have anything to add, Good or Bad, place your comments here.

Fishing Venues & Meetings

[ 23. November 2004, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: John E Ashford ]

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif