st bees head

dingle

Hi martin,

Thats pretty much where I was on Sunday judging by the guys fishing of the rocks . Hoever I was just a bit further out than they could cast!! Nice to note there were 6 of then and managed a couple of fish between them I mangaged that the short time I was there. Just goes to show you that yak fishing IS the way forward!!! I wonder when the beachcasters will be traded in for 12 foot odd of ocean kayaks finest? (or perception, feelfree etc....)

Hopefully I will be out tomorrow (got me bait!!) and fancy a crack of the heads first again then try down seamill over the broken ground.

Give us a shout when your coming up and we will sort a trip out!! Im sure SDD would be up for that too. And any others would be more than welcome.

SDD,

Sorry you can't make wednesday!! and I can't do this weekend. Prior arrangement thing! But the week after perhaps? Have you given any thought to the half way thing?I have herd that there are a few reasonable bass marks down the coast? (and no I didn't get the PM either!)

Dingle

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi martin,

Thats pretty much where I was on Sunday judging by the guys fishing of the rocks . Hoever I was just a bit further out than they could cast!! Nice to note there were 6 of then and managed a couple of fish between them I mangaged that the short time I was there. Just goes to show you that yak fishing IS the way forward!!! I wonder when the beachcasters will be traded in for 12 foot odd of ocean kayaks finest? (or perception, feelfree etc....)

Hopefully I will be out tomorrow (got me bait!!) and fancy a crack of the heads first again then try down seamill over the broken ground.

Give us a shout when your coming up and we will sort a trip out!! Im sure SDD would be up for that too. And any others would be more than welcome.

SDD,

Sorry you can't make wednesday!! and I can't do this weekend. Prior arrangement thing! But the week after perhaps? Have you given any thought to the half way thing?I have herd that there are a few reasonable bass marks down the coast? (and no I didn't get the PM either!)

Dingle

Hi there, sorry had computer problems I thinK!! :angry: Trying again now so fingers crossed :)

Weekends are fine for me most times (unless the missus is off work) Sorry I couldn't make Weds Dingle :schmoll:

Hey Martin, wuld be fantastic if you could make it up for a paddle (the more the merrier / safer in my book!)

Lets get it sorted, get it cleared with the Pass giving officers and get it planned!. Like I say weekend is best or can make a weekday if 2 days notice or so, like I said to Dingle, I fancy St Bees somewhere :)

Dingle, in between here and St Bees meet is fine by me! Ravenglass is good but is a bit of a paddle out of the estuary sometimes, and the paddle back can be fierce if there are rollers (can be BIG) Don't know much about Drigg but I could recce it for us?. Good luck Weds mate, wish I could make it :angry: but we will make it sometime. Anyone else fancy it? fine by me :):):) Really the more who have a go the more everybody makes the effort :lol:

Keep in touch~~~~tight lines~~~SDD ~~~ :sun:

Yeaaaaah it worked :):):):)

Hi SDD,

Looks like we should sort something out for the weekend after this one then. Venue could be dependant on the weather unless you've got a preference not sue if theres many sheltered places along this coast though?

let us know where you fancy..

dingle

post-6830-1147293714_thumb.jpg

Out again this afternnon, the sea was spot on flat calm to start and crystal clear. I could now see what I have been fishing over. Even managed to put the lures down between the boulders it was that clear (20ft down). Trouble is though the wind don't half speed the drift up as I found out later (drift chute anyone?). Anyhow tried my luck around the heads once more and for my trouble 1 launce - kept for bait when the bass/pollack start to show. trouble is one won't go far!!

Missed a beltin bite as well, why? you may ask - cause I was on the phone to the missus saying how good it was out there on the yak!!

On the way round saw a guy trying to retrieve his lobster pots. He had left it a bit late and couldn't get to them as the tide was on its way out. So with the promise of a lobster!! I gave him a hand and managed to get to the makers and get them to him.....Now for the sting..he didn't mention that I could have one of the lobsters from the pots I helped him with and that these pots were empty!! because they were too close in to start with!! Oh well you live and learn!!

One things for sure I did fancy putting out a pot using the yak but there is no way I could shift one of those they weighed a ton. Think I'll leave that to the professionals or not so!! :P

Dingle

Nice one Dingle you got out!!

That kayak of yours is lookin pretty good mate :):)

I know where that is on the pic :lol: Is that where you launch from? Dying to get up there and av a go now :yeah: Should be a laugh, and would be great if Martin can make it too :)

It was killing me today looking out at the sea and not being able to go out on it :schmoll: I can see up that way a little on our CCTV system but not quite that far, where you are! There are seals everywhere down here and gannets hitting the water like exocet missiles, great to see :) A good sign I think :thumbs:

Funny you should mention lobster pots, I was looking at the portable light net type ones! There are pots everywhere down here, especially over Selkar rock, where I go, I often wondered if I should drop one down while I fish?? Hmmmmm might have to investigate that one!

TTFN :bye2:

SDD~~~~~~~~ :sun:

Hi SDD,

Yes its dead easy to launch from the lifeboat station as there is a slipway to the beach even though you have to pay to use the car park. Beats going over the shingle/rock. The gannets were diving all around while i was out probably after the sandeels.

I have had a look at the fold up pots too, wonder how much weight you need to hold the bottom? Could be worth a go perhaps.

Just been having a look at drift chutes. Think I know whats next on the shopping list!

Dingle

thats the car park by the lifeboat station - pay and display !! tight ***** I am , will park on the Adams ground ( used to play soccer / cricket for the village) so lifetime permit in my books!!

So many trips to plan , so little time! Got to fit the Tope in with Nifty down here on the coast and a trip to the Lakes.( work just getting in the way :angry:

The other half has just said its about time we took the little un up to see my folks in the village so a bit of planning and i'll be in touch! Have the Mackies arrived yet - as soon as they start getting them off the west pier the heads will kick off!!

Ok Prowler 13

Hi Martin,

Usually June when the mackies come in so anytime now!! One of the tastiest fish in my opinion!!

Looks like we will be seeing you soom then!!

Dingle

I am in Jersey in the first weeks of June!! Don't u2 catch all them mackies while I am away ha ha :lol:

A meet sounds great and that could be just the place I reckon :thumbs:

Havin rellies up here is the ulimate pass getter Martin! :lol:

I Have pencil and diary ready as we speak (where's my secretary!!!!!) :):):)

Cheers~~~~SDD~~~~~~~~ :sun:

Hi Big Tinca :) Come up and fish with us mate!! :sun:

Would be a right blast from the past for you :):):)

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Nice one for the invite mate shame my mum sold the chalet about 4 years ago :(

You really are lucky living in such a unspoilt and beautiful place really nice people who live round there aswel, fair play!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR''YAKING'' :)

Pygocentrus Piraya