st bees head

dingle

i'll be in touch shortly fellas , just need to check when the folks are home and WRLFC are at home also(need my fix of proper rugby :) ) . A little tip I picked up the other week is if you are drifting over a clean bottom put your anchor down but dont deploy the grapnels (or whatever there called!!). Slows you down a treat. :rolleyes:

Ok Prowler 13

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one for the invite mate shame my mum sold the chalet about 4 years ago :(

You really are lucky living in such a unspoilt and beautiful place really nice people who live round there aswel, fair play!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR''YAKING'' :)

No probs BigTinca, if you are ever up here mate :):)

Hopefully you will be reading about huge catches on here from the Cunbria area!!

That will be Martin and Dingle :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers mate

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

:)

i'll be in touch shortly fellas , just need to check when the folks are home and WRLFC are at home also(need my fix of proper rugby :) ) . A little tip I picked up the other week is if you are drifting over a clean bottom put your anchor down but dont deploy the grapnels (or whatever there called!!). Slows you down a treat. :rolleyes:

Hi Martin, nice tip about the anchor!

Whatever dates you and dingle can manage, count me in!! Weekends are best but could manage a weekday with a day notice or last minute ata a push :):)

Determined to get out that way as I couldn't make it the other week with Dingle. So max effort goin in :)

Sorry if this message appears twice, I keep leaving replies but they dont get on until a few tries!!!!

(could be me and probably is :oops: )

Tight lines

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Hi SDD

How you fixed for next weekend (20th May) then? Saturday or sunday either way. Propbably have to toss a coin for venue...nice to have the choice!!

Should also be able to dig a few lug if you fancy.

Hopefully the mackerel should be showing and possibl;y a few bass or theres always the heads for a chance of Pollack need to be tight in to the rocks though. Ther are marks on the north heads I think there is a mark at fleswick (Good stop for a brew and stretch the legs anyway) and under the lighthouse.

Anyway have a think check your diary and let me know.

Cheers for the tip with the anchor, but Im still tempted with a drift chute/drouge you can pick em up for less than £20 on good old ebay. Should be dead handy for drifting the rocks.

Cheers

Dingle.

Hi SDD

How you fixed for next weekend (20th May) then? Saturday or sunday either way. Propbably have to toss a coin for venue...nice to have the choice!!

Should also be able to dig a few lug if you fancy.

Hopefully the mackerel should be showing and possibl;y a few bass or theres always the heads for a chance of Pollack need to be tight in to the rocks though. Ther are marks on the north heads I think there is a mark at fleswick (Good stop for a brew and stretch the legs anyway) and under the lighthouse.

Anyway have a think check your diary and let me know.

Cheers for the tip with the anchor, but Im still tempted with a drift chute/drouge you can pick em up for less than £20 on good old ebay. Should be dead handy for drifting the rocks.

Cheers

Dingle.

I'm in!!!!! The missus is working, I aint :yeah: I fancy anywhere really mate. I like the idea of the kelp that Martin mentioned. I have always had good luck in kelp (selkar near me) or the heads would be fine!. I will get some fish bait from W/haven to take (going in tomorrow anyway for some fishing weights) so Morrisons fish counter is on the cards :lol: I like to use herring, it is almost as oily as mackeral but cuts into nice shiny slithers better (had some beautiful skate on this years back from the skate run between LLandudno and Colwyn Bay. Will get some frozen lug from the tackle shop if they have any!, as backup mate. Got them kids any spades yet Ian? :lol: Perhaps santa should bring em a bait pump each next yultide he he :yeah:

S~U~P~E~R~B ~~~~~~~~~~ Martin????? he he (you must be REALLY missing them rellies :) )

I intend going out this weekend too for a quick paddle over that kelp again, so will let you know what happens mate. If I catch anything (errhum yeah right) shall I send you a MMS? (I think my phone camera does macro photography :lol::lol::lol: )

Talk soon mate

SDD~~~~~~~~ :sun:

Spot on!!!!

Once this weekend is out of the way I think it will be a case of fingers, toes and whatever crossed for the weather for Saturday the 20th Not sure what the tides will be then either but probably Know more monday.

Looking forward to it already!!!

Dingle

Spot on!!!!

Once this weekend is out of the way I think it will be a case of fingers, toes and whatever crossed for the weather for Saturday the 20th Not sure what the tides will be then either but probably Know more monday.

Looking forward to it already!!!

Dingle

Hi Ian

Just checked my tides (coastal navigator) 6.6M and 18:17 tides, not huge but will do if weather fine :yeah:

Bring it on :yeah:

TTFN

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Rag lads !! Was a killer in my youth for the Pollock at St Bees. Watch out for those teeth mind , twice the size of those elsewhere in the uk! :lol:

Hi Martin, tried to get rag today, no joy!! :( Will have to find a place local to dig it. I know a corking place in Anglesey but a bit far :lol:

Got some froz lug as spare in case Dingle hasn't had his kids working hard enuf :lol: and some of my fave (herring) I have seen a tip on making a sleeve that fits over a 6oz weight made from a piece of 20mm plastic water pipe, that makes a kind of ground feeder. Really easy to make and looks pretty good :) I intend to fill it with bits of head / tail guts etc. It has holes drilled around and a foam plug that the line runs through that keeps it all in (like a mini rubby dubby pipe!).

Will give it a go and let you know how it works!. Made one for Dingle too so we can give em a blast next weekend :):)

I remember my dad handing me a rag as a kid and watched it sink those pincers in me finger, bugger laughed for ages and I sulked for ages until I caught a fish :lol:

All the best

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Used to dig my own in Whitehaven harbour , where the marchon ships docked! Dirty old job mind!

Fish Anglesey a fair bit too , mainly llandwyn and Moelfra, lovely place! :rolleyes: So many trips and so little time. After todays call from nifty I think the Tope are next - only 30 miles away!!

Ok Prowler 13