st bees head

dingle

Used to dig my own in Whitehaven harbour , where the marchon ships docked! Dirty old job mind!

Fish Anglesey a fair bit too , mainly llandwyn and Moelfra, lovely place! :rolleyes: So many trips and so little time. After todays call from nifty I think the Tope are next - only 30 miles away!!

Laverly there!!

I used to dig rag from near the ferry term in H/Head to fish the breakwater with my dad! (great days)

Wales is a fantastic place to fish :) Got sunstroke on my dads boat at treaddur bay (could never spell that!) and caught loads of octopuss that we couldn't get off the gunwhales coz they were stuck ha ha.

Would love to catch a tope, but skate are my main fave. Rumour has it they are making a comeback here after near extinction in the 60's. Would like to get one even for catch / release. The thornies are a beautiful fish :)

SDD~~~~ :sun:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SDD,

Keeping an eye on the weather for the weekend, BBC gives 11 south westerly, and XC weather give it a little less (cracking site a kite surfing mate told me about even has st bees on it) so fingers crossed eh! :mellow:

I take it your still up for it on saturday or if the weather looks better could you make it sunday? Do you fancy fishing a couple of hours either side of high tide I take it that will be an evening fish then? And the next one is where? Whats it like down your neck of the woods with that kind of wind?

Had a chat to me mate with a boat and he mentioned selkar rocks being good for pollack and codling near the pots .............sounds bloody good to me mate.

Should be a good chance to try out your rubby dubby pipes... you never know?? :fishing:

Just got a drouge chute/sea anchour today and looking forward to trying it out might need it if its a bit breazy.

Looking forward to this..

Cheers

Mate

Dingle

Hi SDD,

Keeping an eye on the weather for the weekend, BBC gives 11 south westerly, and XC weather give it a little less (cracking site a kite surfing mate told me about even has st bees on it) so fingers crossed eh! :mellow:

I take it your still up for it on saturday or if the weather looks better could you make it sunday? Do you fancy fishing a couple of hours either side of high tide I take it that will be an evening fish then? And the next one is where? Whats it like down your neck of the woods with that kind of wind?

Had a chat to me mate with a boat and he mentioned selkar rocks being good for pollack and codling near the pots .............sounds bloody good to me mate.

Should be a good chance to try out your rubby dubby pipes... you never know?? :fishing:

Just got a drouge chute/sea anchour today and looking forward to trying it out might need it if its a bit breazy.

Looking forward to this..

Cheers

Mate

Dingle

Hi Ian, you have mail :):):)

:yeah:

SDD ~~~~~~~~~~~ :sun:

Well For all you lads that are shore bound at the mo due to wether, not sure what your bothering for though as its just a typical cumbrian summer, i thought i would let you know how we got on yesterday:P

Met up with SDD at St Bees in the afternoon where the weather was... well they have a saying round here "if you can see the Isle of Man its gonna rain and if you can't it is raining" and yep we couldn't see it for all the tea in china.

Anyway launching was easy only a little bit of surf to contend with so decided to head toward the south head again and do a few drifts over the rocks and kelp thats there. Had a bash at throwing some hokkais in the water before deciding to anchor up. Straight into doggies!! at least its something god bless em. Dave continued to drift whilst spinning and seemed to be more than a little impressed with the fishfinder. Mind you the bottom does take some beating.

Got fed up with the doggies so had a go at trolling a sand eel (no joy)and also with the hokkais and result a nice pollack. At least we know they are here now. :)

All in all this was a carcking few hours. Great to meet up with someone else and talk yaks n fishing and have a butchers at another fishing yak (Cheers Dave and thanks for the charts). Already planning the next trip and tactics. Selkar rocks or the heads with a float or even the north heads under the light house..

Any takers? I know two of us that'l be there. :sun:

Dingle

PS whilst setting up at the car park a gauy came over and asked if I really fish out of the sidekick and how does that work then? After the quick guided tour he even asked to photo it as his mate wouldn't believe him....imagine not hearing about kayak fishing!! :rolleyes:

Dingle we need these write ups for a Yak fishing fix. Down here we have weather only you should be getting :D

Great trip, nice write up great to see somebody catching

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Dingle we need these write ups for a Yak fishing fix. Down here we have weather only you should be getting :D

Great trip, nice write up great to see somebody catching

Well put mate, I'm in for the next one :):) either St Bees or here, don't mind :yeah: I liked the look of the sidekick, was bigger than I had thought and the working space on deck is the biggest I have seen!! The keel line is a real surf beater, when I first saw it on top of your car I thought Woah what a hull!! Very impressed mate.

Thanks again Ian

Dave~~~~~~bring on the summer :yeah::yeah::yeah:

C'mon Martin get yourself back to yer roots Marra :):)

I'm on my way- soon !!!!!!! Took tommoro off work for a trip but its still blowing a hooley down here so i've told her indoors i'll take her to Shrewsbury for the day shopping (may even give her a tenner to spend :lol: )

Thats lots of Brownie points! I'm looking to pop up at the end of June / early July - weekend of June 25th looks good ( Haven v Leigh on the Sunday!) , if I can get time off.

Ok Prowler 13

I'm on my way- soon !!!!!!! Took tommoro off work for a trip but its still blowing a hooley down here so i've told her indoors i'll take her to Shrewsbury for the day shopping (may even give her a tenner to spend :lol: )

Thats lots of Brownie points! I'm looking to pop up at the end of June / early July - weekend of June 25th looks good ( Haven v Leigh on the Sunday!) , if I can get time off.

S U P E R B !! Me n Dingle may need a hand catchin all them pollock (well, Dingle really ha ha) will have to plan a meet again mate, I am well back from hols then (not for long before another Jersey trip though prob September) I think I either found that boiler or a rock pinnicle opposite them 3 caves on Sunday!! I had a right knock on my lure but lost it, then hooked / lost a coley that was smaller than me lure ha ha :oops: )

Keep in touch mate and keep them brownie points going, I am already asking the misses " are you losing weight love??" I hope its working ha ha :black_eye:

SDD~~~~~~ :sun: