Queen Wasp Building New Nest

Charlie Bettell

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaybee

That is a superb study, very well photographed.

I didnt realise how small it was till you took the in situ shots.

You are a much braver man then I :)

That is a superb study, very well photographed.

I didnt realise how small it was till you took the in situ shots.

You are a much braver man then I :)

i second that, its so small i was under the asumption it would be similar in size to a bee hive though i have no idea about wasps, is it just a single queen wasp that breeds in that small little nest with no other wasps like worker wasps or somthin, i asume those little pale balls are wasp eggs or was that the toilet she was building

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

This is superb, well done, and echoing the above comments --- "you are a much braver man than me", its my biggest phobia - wasps. Superb photos, and I look forward to seen how it all turns out!

Well done.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

i second that, its so small i was under the asumption it would be similar in size to a bee hive though i have no idea about wasps, is it just a single queen wasp that breeds in that small little nest with no other wasps like worker wasps or somthin, i asume those little pale balls are wasp eggs or was that the toilet she was building
They are eggs.

When the eggs hatch, the workers start building the nest bigger - so I understand!

I'll be adding more photos over the next few days.

They're eggs allright.

I'm led to believe that when they hatch, they will get to work and start to expand the nest.

Stay tuned!

Edited by Charlie Bettell

Brilliant mate, brilliant stuff

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”